My Not So Standard Build

Nostromo

Hi,

I just realised that I joined vpuniverse in 2014 but never posted, untill today...

Maybe today is the day to show others my build with a few pictures. I remember that when I started to build mine, other peoples cabinet pictures where a great resource for ideas and help. So here is a bit of giving back to the community.

As you can see in the pictures my build differs from a typical cabinet because it has a different backbox. The reason for this was that I liked to have the cabinet in my living room, and a typical huge backbox was just a bit to much :)

The same goes for the cabinet decal... there is none, just 3 nice sanded layers of black... Also the ammount of buttons is kept to a minimum.

It had a ledwiz and a ledstrip attached to the bottom, used for the strobe and flashers.

voorkantaan

zijkant

Everything was build from scratch because I wanted a tight as possible fit for the tv. I didnt like the idea of decasing a tv so I chose one with very small bezels and custom made the cabinet around the tv. The result was a cabinet that was just a wee bit smaller than a typical wide body. Downside was that i needed a custom made lockbar for a proper fit on the cabinet

20140916 125958 Android

There was room above the tv, onder the playfield glas for a DMD display, but I never got to actually build that into the cabinet. I think that it would have looked awesome to be honest...

The bad news is.... I sold the cab. I thought that I was done with this hobby :) well... I was wrong :) At the moment I am in the planning fase of Version 2 and now i wil also go for forcefeedback and an DMD!

Hope you like it, am interested in what you guys think, the feedback can come handy for Version 2.

If there are questions I awnser them gladly!

IMG 20150118 172603

fdsfrontpanel

20140729 222720 Android

IMG 20140723 180740

IMG 20140726 121501

IMG 20140726 122226

achterkant

Archived