Colorize Stern Roms With Pinball Browser

lucky1

When I did my MET six months or so I learned (the hard way) you must use the side channel (serial cable).  InFrame would not work.  Also, the Macro I got was made on an earlier version of Pinball Browser so it threw hundreds of error messages when running the Macro on current PB software.  They were related to off-screen or size errors. 

Sorry for the delayed answer. So it's a Pinball Browser bug? How can we know which PB version was used to generate the macros? 

What errors did you get on MET when using in-frame? 

If I use sidechznnel, that's when I need to enter serial number of the pinball machine, right? 

It's a rather complicated setup, I wish someone would be able to extract the colorized frames from the modified ROM and export it to pin2dmd editor so it would not require anything else

Regards 

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, Ashram56 said:

I wish someone would be able to extract the colorized frames from the modified ROM and export it to pin2dmd editor so it would not require anything else

Just use the pin2dmd tool to create a dump of the colorized scenes .

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Just use the pin2dmd tool to create a dump of the colorized scenes .

This would still dump them in single colour though? Or is there a way to use the pin2dmd tool to capture the coloured frames as well for Stern? I did not think this was possible.

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, Terranigma said:

This would still dump them in single colour though? Or is there a way to use the pin2dmd tool to capture the coloured frames as well for Stern? I did not think this was possible.

Together with the palette from pinball browser you have the colorized frame.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it requires to get a running pinball with the colorization, which apparently is problematic (looks like earlier poster did not manage to get it to work with InFrame).

Is there an equivalent tool that could be used to extract the info using VPX ? I would assume that the technique used to create the dump file using VPX should be equivalent, correct ?

[EDIT] Ok so I managed to dump using VPX, import smartdmd palette, and I get indeed colorization. The one point however is that it seems trigger points are not recorded, so there's no palette switch in Pin2DMD editor (there is using VPX). Or else I'm missing something ?

Edited by Ashram56

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 8/12/2021 at 11:06 PM, Ashram56 said:

Ok so I managed to dump using VPX, import smartdmd palette, and I get indeed colorization. The one point however is that it seems trigger points are not recorded, so there's no palette switch in Pin2DMD editor (there is using VPX). Or else I'm missing something ?

If I am not mistaken, you can rip the colour of the scenes, but you will have to recreate the keyframes (triggers) yourself.

• 2 years later...