Pacled64 And Dof

swisslizard

• Content Provider

Hi

There seem to be some users which have problems with the Pacled64 and DOF. Since the Pacled seems to work fine in my cab, I wonder if there other users which use Pacled and DOF successfully or if everybody has problems. Need to find out if there is a problem in the Pacled implementation of DOF or not.

Please let me have your feedback regading your experiences with Pacled64 and DOF.

Thanks! smile.png

As explained on the other forum, I had a lot of problems with R2 but it seems work (I think?) with the R3 beta.

I have nothing sophisticated plugged into my Pacled64, just:

Left & Right RGB Flipper

Start Button (White LED)

Buy Ball Button (Yellow LED)

Exit Button (Green LED)

Coin Button (Red LED)

Launch Ball Button (Red LED)

• Content Provider

I've been digging through the code and the SDK docu of the Pacled quite a while this evening.

In the end I realized that there was something important missing. The Pacled has a global fade speed register. All you send to the pacled to set some outputs to a value are using this fadespeed. This DOF handles all fading on its own, it is important that the feedspeed is set to 0 before the first ouput command is sent. The problem was that exactly this fadespeed command was missing in the code, which resulted in a somewhat strange behaviour of the outputs. I'm still surprised that it took so long untill it became really clear that there was a problem.

Anyhow, this is fixed now. :) Will provide a new DOF R3 preview soon (as soon as I have fixed some other bugs which I have introduced recently).

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

I have spent hours on google and forums but I find any solution to my problem.

I ´m posting here due to I have almost the same setup as "setveg64"

And I have installed R3

So my questions follows

1. How do I verify that R3 DOF works.

2. Shall the filses generated from "Port Assignments" be place in the config folder in DirecOutput?

3. What more to do?

I have programing skills different languages maybe I'm just over thinking it and that's why I'm not getting it to work.

Yes the Pacled64 works it runs it´s default paten and test program can access ports.

Please help me :)

Hi All,

I have spent hours on google and forums but I find any solution to my problem.

I ´m posting here due to I have almost the same setup as "setveg64"

And I have installed R3

So my questions follows

1. How do I verify that R3 DOF works.

2. Shall the filses generated from "Port Assignments" be place in the config folder in DirecOutput?

3. What more to do?

I have programing skills different languages maybe I'm just over thinking it and that's why I'm not getting it to work.

Yes the Pacled64 works it runs it´s default paten and test program can access ports.

Please help me :)

Ok just found that DirectOutput is not generating a .log file so what could be wrong?

Make sure that you have 1 ledwiz device as well as the pacled64 device entered into the settings under the account tab.  It won't generate what you need without it.

Drop the directoutputconfig.ini into the tables directory in visualpinball  and the tablemappings.xml into the direct output directory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Make sure that you have 1 ledwiz device as well as the pacled64 device entered into the settings under the account tab.  It won't generate what you need without it.

that is not needed to do anymore, the bug has been fixed once it was reported to me, long ago ;)

Archived