How To Use The White Of The Rgbw Leds

Djurre

Hello,

I'm currently trying to configure the setup for my new cab. I wired 5x RGBW on a Led bar, so that makes a total of 20 outputs.

I wired it consecutive so that Red1 is port1 Green1 is port2 etc.

In the Configtool I use the 5 flasher and for the first RGBW it fills port 1 to 3. The white LED (so port 4, 8, 12, 16 & 20 are not configured. What is the best way to set up those white LEDs? My best guess is all on strobe. Is this correct? I've attached the current config from the tool in the attachment.

There must be a very easy solution, but I don't see it.

Greetings,

Djurre

post-6562-0-54951900-1435756218_thumb.jpg

I didn't wired each white to a port. I only use one because they do all the same!? Would be interesting for other users what driver board you are using...

I kinda didn't realise I couldn't control them individually until today (after I soldered, wired, crimped, fused etc. etc.). Oops! I use the Ledwiz dev1 in combination with a PinControl1 for nudge, plunger, shaker, knocker, ledstrip and contactors

• Content Provider

Could always try to code your own config to control W separately. I'm planning to wire like you, but I don't yet know how hard it is to config a custom light show. The beauty right now is that Arngrim did all the work for you! But only for specific types of setups

I found a topic on hyperspin-fe.com regarding this "issue". Chris99 explains how to parallel wire this setup and thus saving 4 LedWiz ports: link

Current draw total is 1750ma with 12v source, 3.4v ledV and 350mA. So there should be a relay between the array and the Ledwiz port withe Chris' setup.

I agree assigning the strobe to all those ports.  

If you combine them in parallel, you can use an cheap RGB amplifier which is good for 3 Amps per channel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-RGB-LED-Amplifier-For-LED-5050-3528-Light-Strip-12A-144W-CA-/291212200749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item43cd998b2d

That seems to be a cheaper solution. I guess you can also use that for a second (parallel) Led bar right? How do you wire that?

Ledwiz negative port ---- fuse ---- amplifier negative wire ---- resistor ---- Led (negative)

Is that correct?

Archived