Lost Music And Game Sound On Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure....

paulohotline

Hey guys, not sure if this is related to the latest PinMAME release. But I lost music and game sounds in IJ PM5 using ROM IJ-i7, mech sounds work fine. The table name is Indiana Jones FS MOD 2.5 PHYSMOD5 2.5 and can be downloaded here -> http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8505

• I checked if SOUNDS is checked in DMD by hitting "F1" and it's checked, its also on in the Registry. Volume is at 29 in the game. (hit 9 to increase)
  • I verified the sounds on the ROM where at 100% by hitting "~" while clicking on the DMD and using arrow keys
  • I have deleted the *.nv file
  • I tested with another rom IJ-i6 vs IJ-i7 and IJ-ig7 and still no sound but mech sounds
  • Tested a non-pm5 IJ table still no sound but mech sounds

I am stumped why I cannot get the damn music and voice audio to work with this table. All other William and Stern tables, both PM5, VP10, VP9.9 work fine. Just IJ that I can see.

Can someone test this table with latest PinMAME and see if it works for them?

Update #1: I tested this table and rom on a 2nd PC and found that VPinMAME_UNIFIED.2.08 had music and sound and VPinMAME_UNIFIED_2.09 did not. This is the only table with 2.09 that I am having problems with. Issue Resolved.

Thanks!

I noticed the same issue last weekend.

i tested the same things as paulohotline but that doesn´t help.

I also try´d it with the latest official vpinmame version and not the VPinMAME_UNIFIED_2.09  but still the same. No Rrmsounds on STTNG and Indi (Williams).

When i go to an earlier version romsound is there.

I thought that it has to do something with the implementation of the Williams DCS but other games like Demoman or Popeye working fine.

So perhaps something other than vpinmame is causing the issue but for now i can´t find a way to get it running with the latest build so i stick with the 2.08 and can play with romsound ^^

hopefully a fix could be found 

what happens if you guys delete the .nv & .cfg file of the rom?

does the sound then play?

no that doesn´t help for me. i also deleted the configs saved in the registry for those tables/roms but without success

Yes i have this also very rare but from time to time it happens on STTNG and Indy also. When the new ball is released after the old one drained sound gets to a low volume but after playing this "low vol ball" with the release of the next ball the sound come back to it´s old level.

Not perfect for now but a lot better than before without romsounds ^^ and it happens very rare to me only on 1 of 20 games or so.

Posted it on the other site also perhaps it´s not that hard to fix and a new version come´s in the next days.

Archived