Stern Announces Kiss Pinball

gtxjoe

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna Rock and Roll All Nite... And Pinball Everyday....!!!!

Wonder how long it may take for some of the wonderful designers to come up with Spike based recreations like the 2015 Wrestemania and Kiss machines in VP or FP?

If I didn't need a new car I would have plumped up the cash for a PRO version of Kiss ($7,950 in Australia) but from most of the video's on the Stern FB site, it doesn't really seem to play that great.......

• Content Provider

I like the look and most importantly the shots; there does seem to be decent flow. Of course we will know in about 10-12 months if it's actually fun to play :)

VP is one of the best salespersons....

I was actually referring to "mature code"; 10-12 months is typically the amount of time Stern needs to come out with code that includes most of the modes and the game is therefore more fun to play. Note that I didn't say "final" code either ;)

• 1 month later...

Can anyone comment on whether SPIKE o/s for the Stern machines is recreatable with VPinMame or do you reckon machines like these can only be done under Future Pinball initially as no ROM is required??

Vpinmame does not emulate spike as of yet and I would suspect for a while. Making the table without emulation is doable with both VP and FP but it means a heck of a lot of coding, something not everyone wants to attack. For example of VP doing this, you don't have to go further than the current Americas Most Haunted

• Content Provider

America's Most Haunted was open source and Shoopity said the code was more or less easily translated into VB script. Obviously, easy for shoopity, I'd not be able to do that.

I think the next closest table would be JPs Spiderman, or his Pirates Wolves Of the Sea tables... it's just not done in VP by hardly anyone. JP may be the only one capable of doing that and he's just not doing it anymore. 

Although, the pinball browser already works with SPIKE games, right? ..... :)

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

personally the wife and I didn't find Kiss much fun at all.. We have maybe played the table 12 or so times, maybe once we lean the rule set and get a better feel on what to do it will get better.. But with the 12 plays so far I'm not a big fan.. I'd rather dump my $$$$ in Star Trek or WWE

Archived