Need Help Editing A Table

Mirkin

Hi all.

I'm a bit ashamed to ask for help with this but I will anyway.

I want to make iron man play a bit softer by moving the post near the side drains a bit higher. I haven't done any table building/editing at all and I kinda thought all I would need to do was select the entire post and move it a bit.

It seems that I can't do that or I just haven't figured out how.

Can anybody offer a complete table editing noob some advice.

• Content Provider

if you can select it .. it might be locked, right click and unlock. If its buried under other objects its probably easier to click around it and then assign those other objects to other layers.

Hide those layers until you get to the post. Create a box around the post and use cursor keys to move it around.

If you post the the table name/screenshot it might be easier to explain.

Layers are hidden using the boxes on the left 1 thru 8 and #. Most likely all objects are sitting on layer 1. Hide layer 2 from editor - click on "2". then assign objects to layer 2 with right click->assign.

Thanks for the reply.

For clarity I'm trying to move the post at the top of the left drain on Ironman.

I had managed to get to the post by moving stuff out of the way but the layer method is much easier.

This might sound crazy but I can't actually draw a box around the damn thing to move it.

It seems to be made of loads of objects and I can move any one of them on it's own. (See Image 1)

I can click on it and drag parts of it about about but it goes all wonky (image 2)

I know that I'm missing something basic but I just can't draw a box. I would have expected to just left-click and drag a box round it but that doesn't work.

I also tried doing what you said on a different table. Here I can draw a box around certain things but they won't move.

I'm well confused.

post-5563-0-66658600-1426624323_thumb.png

post-5563-0-67566300-1426624336_thumb.png

• Content Provider

you have to start a drag-box selection from where there is no object, follow my youtube video for an idea of what I mean

first uncheck everything but layer 1, this hides most non-essential objects from view

then drag so you only fully select the objects you want to move

• Content Provider

If it's not obvious, after you selected them via drag-box selection, you can use the keyboard arrow keys to move them.  If you hold down Shift while using the arrows, the object will move in steps of 10

Wow I managed to do it!

It was difficult not to get it right after frenetic put up a video of the exact thing I was trying to shift, so thanks especially for that, and also to the other guys for chipping in.

I moved the post up about 8mm and now the ball doesn't drain every time it goes in that direction but the table is still rock hard.

Maybe one day I'll be able to build something but right now I think I'll stick to playing lol.

Archived