The Walking Dead

milin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Ha! True, it would not be for free.

From the same source as in Post #69

I found some replacements I missed in The Arena Mode that have now been fixed, and also in Horde Mode I added another dozen or so.
Had to play with the glass off, I think I've got it dialed in pretty well now.....until Ver 1.30 icon_cowboy.gif

If you want to re-download and install all versions have been updated, links remain the same.

By the way, I don't have a VP table of this. I just keep up with the ROM releases, and I think this a really good mod as the factory code doesn't include any voice acting from anyone on the show.

The Walking Dead Pin is shaping out to be a fantastic pin with these code updates. I was really worried when I picked it up NIB in October. The layout is unique but its the theme especially when executed with the voice actors that really raises the tension level when playing. The modes are all pretty cool, especially the Tunnel mode if you have a shaker installed, spooky! This PIN is going to slowly climb up the rankings as the final code update approaches. Siege and Last Man Standing are still to be implemented. I am going to guess that will be officially out of production in October 2015 as I cannot see Stern paying for more than a 1 year license to manufacture.

It's a winner and my favourite for a quick game at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, the new TWD code for the Pro dropped yesterday (v1.41) and right on schedule our boy arngrim has posted a vpinmame update (2.16) that supports this release. Thanks dude!

Pinsider Cleland will be posting his updated rom with the actor voices tomorrow, but in the meantime Milhouse has updated his already and posted. It has different opening and end game music but its still pretty cool. I have tested it on vpinmame 2.16 and it works great!

Grab it here:

TWD 1.41 Milhouse Version

Hey now, here is Clelands version:

Happy Saturday My Pinside Crew!

I will post links for LE and Pro directly here unless I am told not to, then PM me directly.

I'm pretty damn pleased with this update, I hope you are too. I was not able to make it to Last Man Standing or Terminus...even with the glass off! So if someone gets to one of those, please let me know if my sounds made it there. Everything else has been implemented and improved in most modes. Remember to go into your settings and set the speech value to like -35 or so, negative values equals louder speech overall.

Also, I only have Adult versions for LE/Premium and Pro now. I'm not sure I want to take the time to offer a clean version, if there's enough demand then maybe. I will say as it sits now it should not be offensive to most. Unless quotes like "Put some hair on his balls" or "This shit is time sensitive" bothers you.

Enjoy and feedback welcomed!

LE/Premium
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD141LE_CLELAND%20ADULT.BIN

Pro
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD141_CLELAND%20ADULT.BIN

• 4 months later...
  • Content Provider

Is it just me or is there an emulation issue with the rom? I tried all of the roms on a whitetable to look at the emulation. After some time the emulation starts to slow down, just like it´s running full of ram and stuttering.

Are there any hints how to get that rom working if that´s a known problem? I have the latest Pinmame from here. 

Thanks for answers in advance

Groni

• Content Provider

Strange. I just have the standard attract mode running. After cycling trough the high scores a few times,  it gets slower and slower. I noticed it at the Stern Logo is running from the bottom to the top. that was about 1 frame in 10 seconds at the end.

• Content Provider

justed tested it again now. It runs exactly two instances of the the highscore entrys. At the third cycle it´s slows down to about 1 frame in 10 seconds. Just tested the rom 1.56 and Pinmame tells me a bad checksum. I have the rom from the

stern site and renamed it to the values that pinmame needs. 

Archived