Online Config Tool - Is There A Way To Add A Table?

mjr

• Content Provider

In it's current form only administrators can add tables.  Otherwise you could have jokesters / spammers pollute the database with fake tables.  Just imagine you pull up the config and see a table named www.freepenisenlargingpills.com.

In it's current form only administrators can add tables.  Otherwise you could have jokesters / spammers pollute the database with fake tables.  Just imagine you pull up the config and see a table named www.freepenisenlargingpills.com.

Sadly, that's exactly what would happen.  The Internet totally sucks except that it's so useful. :)  

Here's a suggestion, though.  You could allow individual users to add private tables to their own configs, in analogy to the way you can create your own private config for a given table.  No danger of spam, in that no one would see the custom table except the person who added it.   And to further the analogy, you could have the "submit for public use" button submit the added table for consideration.

• Content Provider

well, it seemed like a simple table, but all early bally and gottlieb SS have switches that are shared with multiple objects, like here bumpers, lanes, targets.

So you need to mod the script to split them in E events.

it was not the purpose to cross you but there is a config available now especially because of the splitted events, you can get inspired of, i have 13 E events in the config that i just published, i will deliver the mod tonight, just need to implement the sounds to be disabled in the script before

ok, table modded is available for download :)

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2964-sinbad-vp912-fs-10-dof/

Tried it out - very nice.  Just what I had in mind.

One note - you introduced a VB scripting error into the table.  Line 84 needs an extra comma before the closing quote for the vpmSolSound call.  Without the comma, the game will crap out with a "Syntax erorr at line 1" whenever the knocker fires.

Thanks for putting this together!

I wanted to reiterate my suggestion from earlier in case it got lost in the noise:

You obviously can't allow random users to add tables to the global list.  But how about this: you could allow individual users to add *private* tables to their own configs, in analogy to the way you can create your own private config for a given table.  No danger of spam, because no one would see the custom table except the person who added it.   And to further the analogy with the custom per-table settings, you could have the "submit for public use" button submit the added table for consideration.  A more structured way to handle it than having to post in the forum.

• Content Provider

i don't really understand the goal of having private tables, private configs are useful when user wants to deviate from public config.

But the tool is based on sharing, so except if you have tables that nobody has, why would you want that feature? if a table is missing, shoot here and we can add it, we are quite responsive ;)

i don't really understand the goal of having private tables, private configs are useful when user wants to deviate from public config.

But the tool is based on sharing, so except if you have tables that nobody has, why would you want that feature? if a table is missing, shoot here and we can add it, we are quite responsive ;)

The primary motivation I had in mind was just that it would reduce admin work and eliminate wait time for users by making it a self-serve feature.  I also thought some tables might be too obscure to merit inclusion in the public database, but maybe that's not the case.

But you're probably right that it's way less work to just add tables as people run into missing ones - there are a finite number of them.  And you were indeed very responsive with the Sinbad request! :)

• Content Provider

thing is users are not aware of the tables added until a public config is published and the user has subscribed to the notification list, there are 40 tables without config, nobody asked if there is a table ongoing or whatever.

Still not convinced of the added value of this :)

Hello admins,

could you please add the table "The Games" (Gottlieb 1983), ROM name "thegames"  and copy all data from Gottliebs "Black Hole" (blckhole)? (same HW system in real table).

I tested Black Hole data by manually adding in directoutputconfig.ini and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

Archived