Thinking Of Starting A New, From Scratch, Table. Suggestions?

85vett

• Content Provider

Those expansion boards look like the designed exactly the same as the normal board. It's a matrixed way of powering the mosfets. They probably extended it by making the matrix bigger.

maybe, but can you help on this?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

arngrim where can I find the sam vpinmame source? My coworker can help with this, I'm optimistic. 

"it's not even "matrixed" it is just stepping up the control voltage/current from the microcontroller to a level where it can turn the Frankinfets on or off without burning up the micro"

• Content Provider

Is it the same board as LE models from previous games? ie. if we emulate this can we get Metallica LE working?

Yes.  If you get the aux boards working it will allow for Metallica LE, Star Trek to work correctly, ability to release Mustang ( of course when out of production) and me to be able to upgrade X-men to LE with the knight cralwers and spinning disc.

"it's not even "matrixed" it is just stepping up the control voltage/current from the microcontroller to a level where it can turn the Frankinfets on or off without burning up the micro"

I think you are right. It's 12 pins..

I have never looked at the vpinmame source, and i have no clue how it works. My knowledge of assembly is limited to what i learned when i studied computer engineering a long time ago. So mainly Motorola 68000/6800 and that was like 20 years ago.

Where is de dev that made the SAM implementation, can't he help?

beware that the dmd animation of the le roms are really slow and can't be used asis without being fixed

Do you know why this is? Is it the animation itself? I mean resolution never changed, i can only imagine that they managed to push more shades out of the SAM board with new firmware?

• Content Provider

no that's not that, that's almost the same animation than the PRO roms, same resolution, same number of shades, as far as i know, it's something else, and i have no clue why or where who when.

That's why we need gurus, and no just to add aux boards, also fix ij4, csi issue, and a review of all the sam code would not be a luxe because the code that is used now is from a very old version

• Content Provider

I can only promise to try and help with getting LE emulation :) It would be awesome if we had a dev who could look at everything, I also would like CSI and IJ4 fixed. Didn't know about the LE animation issues... hopefully just getting it implemented will kick start the process. I'll keep you updated

arngrim where can I find the sam vpinmame source? My coworker can help with this, I'm optimistic. 

Ive seen a few peeps ask where vpinmame source is located, but no one ever seems to responde.

Maybe thats a start.

• Content Provider

Why is that different than those Stern tables ? And soon even the Aux tables I presume ?

The P2K tables are already 15 years old....

Good question - I heard at one point Destruk was working on an FP version using images grabbed from the code. In other words, no emulation of the hardware itself. He got a C&D which ended that effort. Weird story as no one has been so protective of any other property. Of course, I may be just repeating rumor. Who knows?

• Content Provider

Something like that. There's a copyright owner of the pin2k system who steadfastly refuses to let us emulate them. I think there was a thread about it on gopinball or maybe it was at vpf, it's been a while

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=8050&hl=episode&page=8 starts here on page 8

Archived