thomazn Posted Thursday at 10:50 PM Posted Thursday at 10:50 PM (edited) Hi everyone! First post here. I just fell into this rabbit hole after we got a pinball machine at work. And now all of a sudden I want to build myself a virtual pinball machine at home. Long story short: The rom names (if any) are listed on the download page for the table usually. For instance, Fish Tales lists that the rom is ft_l5 The text cannot be marked and copied, and there is no link. I guess this is for legal reasons and i totally understand that. I made a chrome extension that i use locally. It makes the process much easier for me at least when starting out and installing tables. I know there are tools like VPin Studio and so on, but I enjoy browsing around here and reading the comments. The extension is small, but functional. As you can see on the screenshot from the Fish Tales table download page, the rom name turns into a link that you can press to instantly get to the rom's download page. I won't publish the extension until i know if i am allowed to do that. I really appreciate all the time and work people put into this community and the hobby. I don't want to mess that up in any way. Please let me know if this is something people want, or if I am way off track here. Edit: typos Edited Thursday at 10:56 PM by thomazn
sho Posted Thursday at 11:59 PM Posted Thursday at 11:59 PM https://virtualpinballspreadsheet.github.io
thomazn Posted Friday at 12:05 AM Author Posted Friday at 12:05 AM 1 minute ago, sho said: https://virtualpinballspreadsheet.github.io Yes, sure. But it pulls the user to another page. And I miss out on all the comments Also, I could make the extension do something like this: Pretty much the same function, but contained on this domain instead of being linked to by a third party.
Administrators Dazz Posted Friday at 12:59 AM Administrators Posted Friday at 12:59 AM Eventually it will not be needed... nor will the VPS. Still a little way down the road though.
sho Posted Friday at 07:39 AM Posted Friday at 07:39 AM 7 hours ago, thomazn said: Yes, sure. But it pulls the user to another page. Pretty much the same function, but contained on this domain instead of being linked to by a third party. There is content on other sites you know.
GeorgeH Posted Friday at 08:17 AM Posted Friday at 08:17 AM Try this approach. Search Google or Bing (and probably other search engines) for: ft_l5 (site:https://www.vpforums.org/ OR site:https://pinballnirvana.com/ OR site:https://vpuniverse.com/)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now