Pinball People Gallery Moving To Rogue

Itchigo

• Content Provider

Yogi has decided he doesn't want to do the Pinball People Gallery anymore and he's turned it over to me at Rogue. I have it setup (finally), so if you want to be immortalized for future generations of VP, you can add/edit your picture.

If you're not a Rogue, you're more than welcome to PM me your picture to be added/updated. 1280x1024 max please, .jpg would be preferable, but nothing is disallowed.

For the record, the Gallery is also hosted on vpf, but I have a feeling should anything happen, that's where it would end. So I told Yogi I'd keep it going.

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=gallery

• Content Provider

this is what i would like to be remembered as in internet history:

my secret life i was a member before they hit the bigtime and replaced me

I think he was the blood red soup in Menudo the band too!

He was the one they kicked out for looking too old.

post-8-0-81786200-1405596608_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

But to be honest, permission to one person on one site should not be transferable permission to another person on a completely different site. An example would be, that I would not like my picture associated on a pinball site that constantly expresses it's opinions and views on political and/or religious material that I may or may not agree with. And do I want to know how many times someone looked at my picture? What is with the counter? Just saying, I'm not going to make a big stink out of this (or maybe I just did), but I'm not even a member of your site and I don't even want to get into why.

I feel like I'm always picking on you Itchy, but really, you should have tried to contact the people in that gallery and ask them if it is ok to post them on your site. It would be different, if you were putting a link to the original site where permission has been granted. I get along with you Itchy just fine here and in chat, but sometimes you do things that are just not right in my opinion.

Am I wrong? I'm open to other peoples opinions.

I'll jump into discussion....

This is a perfect example of why I don't like to put pics online.  I don't have FB, Twitter, etc....  

I don't want my pic/info and whatnot being posted everywhere online.  

I hate the fact that I can still sometimes pull up some info about myself, due to someone taking a pic (or screenshot) of something that I wrote 10 years ago.

I could be wrong, but maybe the people that gave photos and permission to [that other site] won't care.

The reality is they know that it can be easily copied, google searched, redistributed, etc....

I would let the individuals worry about it - maybe ask for a [mirror site?] link to be posted on [that other site] so people that are in those photo's know what is happening  

• Content Provider

So do thousands of girls who took selfies of themselves naked.

If you're going to put your picture out there on the internet.  Just expect that it could be used by someone else.  It sucks, but that's today's reality.

• Content Provider

I have no information on anyone in the gallery. These pictures were given to Yogi, and I'm picking up the site as he doesn't want to bother with it anymore (per his wishes). Anyone who wants their picture removed I have no problem with. I didn't take anyone's picture for the sake of having pictures, it's what Yogi sent me.

All I have are the pictures themselves, and the Pinball People images which when I can I'll get up as the entry to the gallery. Just as it was.

I honestly didn't see an issue with permissions as these pictures were given to Yogi with the purpose of putting them up.

http://roguepinball.com/index.php/topic,165.msg3021.html#msg3021

• Content Provider

I never knew that. Anyone that wants their picture removed no problem at all. I know many are old and haven't been around for some time. From the posts I read in the past I always thought that people sent him the pictures to be put up.

Sorry for any trouble.

Rascal and Loaf, you want yours taken off?

Anyone else please speak up.

• Content Provider

You can leave my picture there too. I didn't want to make a stink out of it, but it was bugging me a little that my picture just appeared on your site.

As for the point that DeeGor made... he's right, that does happen on the internet, but that doesn't make it right, and I think that Itchy wants to be on the side or right. He doesn't want people to have negative feelings towards his site. And count your lucky stars that the pictures of me on the internet are with my clothes on or you would all feel less a man.  :lol:  

• Content Provider

I hope there are no clothes off..... I never looked at ALL of them lol.

I had thought it would be a good thing for me to have something well remembered like this. But it wasn't on my radar until Yogi contacted me. It might even encourage more participation being able to put a face with the name. I do want to do the right thing, but my personal thought was if PP was moving, then whatever was there would move to wherever it was moving to (doesn't matter what site). If I was a new site and ripped all the pictures and put them up it would be different (imo). My understanding was all these were given to Yogi to put up- hence they had permission to be up. Since I was "continuing the site", and planning to re-create it, everything would move with it. This was my assumption.

I'm really NOT trying to create drama here like when I started. I only did that in an effort to get people to participate, and I chose stuff that people had an opinion about. Plus I was still pissed about the whole VPF thing at the time. I didn't create Rogue to replace anyone (VPF included), I created Rogue to have another hangout that was fun. Initially I was going to have a tablemakers forum, but how many authors are there? Then I realized doing a full site was the way to go. Even if there's overlap between sites. A lot of my early threads are tutorials. But like life VP has passed me by and the knowledge I have is old (already).

P1: Now that you said it I'm vaguely remembering him doing that, but until you said that I had forgotten all about that.

Archived