Fp To Vp Ports

unclewilly

• Content Provider

I was just curious if anyone would be interested in having some of the nice fp original tables ported over to vp.

After I finish bop and pinball magic I would like to port my own 2 original fp tables to vp and it got me thinking, there are a couple of other tables on fp that I really used to love and I think would benefit from the vp physics. And now with the new primitives features I think I could finally do them justice.

So I went about seeking permission from some authors.

I've heard back from ruckage (hungry dead, vampires, ghost train, bubble bobble) and Richard aka blindmankind (3 angels, dead hunters, road girls).

I'd like to see if rom and bailey (pinwizkid) would allow me to do a few of his tables also.

Just wanted to know if any of the rest of you guys are interested or would be wanting any of these tables.

3 angels, dead hunters, and bubble bobble are some of my favorite fp tables.

• Content Provider

I'm kind of a fan of the original Tron as well.  I'm curious to know what is involved with this.  Are you saying it is possible to transfer the script over to VP?  Building the table seems very doable but the scripting is what has prevented me from even considering something like this.  Sounds like you've got a plan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I have Kings and Queens FS at Rogue. It's Photoreal (™).

Pam meets Jaws. Nude Pam. Nuff said.

Oh, and Junkyarde Cats looks good. I looked at 3 Angels one time when I was thinking about learning FP. 99,000 lines in there. Just sayin....

Hey Willy.

Any chance you are going to do up the T1 Round target and T1 guides? I'm running into yet more VP problems with ATI cards, and getting more and more frustrated with what VP dev has done to VP9.x but would like to get at least a working game going while I relearn VP

The models would be a good work around so that way everyone can play VP with as few errors as possible.

• Content Provider

Yes I think I have them already.

I used the to round in fire.

I'll upload them in a table so you can just cut and paste them.

The to guide is a lane guide right. Does it have the little diamond on top or do you need it flat on top

Look perfect, exactly what I wanted thanks

I should mention, I'm getting errors with a couple things on both the first template and this.

With this new file, I get errors on bsize and others. (line 1288) CurrentBall(cnt) etc (object required) (I think there's no dim statements, just a redim for currentball)

On the primative temple, I get object not supported Spinner1.currentangle (line 21 to 25)

I know it's core.vbs 3.37 you are using but I actually have 3.43 in my computer. Did they change something again?

The second question is the size. Are these the exact size as in FP? T1 pegs would be 28mm etc If so, then everyones scale and heights are way off, (though they made a huge fuss about the table dimensions, which is kind of funny when you think that if the FP scale is correct, that makes every single table ever made in VP wrong, even my tables. )  ;)

Thanks again.

sigh, well forget that. 9.9 breaks my multiple ATI cards completely (which I have) and is totally unuseable. Same with the DX9 version as well. I'm trying to be nice nowdays, but lets be honest, VP  has gotten far far worse as a whole and has really lost it's way when it comes to useability for the average person, which is what Randy wanted when he wrote it. I very much beginning to doubt that anyone other than the pocket protector set will even bother, especially with FP being overall better for the average user. All these changes to serve one person at the expense of everyone else will just cause more and more people to walk away or use FP. At the very least, despite the various bugs, FP is far easier to use and to work in, and for the most part, it works right out of the box. I just installed VPM in my notebook, and it took 2 hours just to get the bloody thing to work properly.

sigh, well forget that. 9.9 breaks my multiple ATI cards completely (which I have) and is totally unuseable. Same with the DX9 version as well. I'm trying to be nice nowdays, but lets be honest, VP  has gotten far far worse as a whole and has really lost it's way when it comes to useability for the average person, which is what Randy wanted when he wrote it. I very much beginning to doubt that anyone other than the pocket protector set will even bother, especially with FP being overall better for the average user. All these changes to serve one person at the expense of everyone else will just cause more and more people to walk away or use FP. At the very least, despite the various bugs, FP is far easier to use and to work in, and for the most part, it works right out of the box. I just installed VPM in my notebook, and it took 2 hours just to get the bloody thing to work properly.

I know you've been out of the loop for a while, but your post above shows you are still out of the loop currently. Let's clarify a few things:

- I love FP, it's great and in some ways as you have said, it's ahead of VP. But the FP table development is presently in a huge downturn and the vp table development is in an upswing. Why? Development of the simulator is ongoing in VP and nil in FP (if one does not count the awesome 3rd party add-ons). The only FP table development that does support what you state is maybe original tables and that is cool but on overall development, you can't even compare, not even close and I managed to say all that and not use the word "physics" too, impressive eh? :) On the simulator front, many Tables Devs are putting forth ideas to the Vp Devs which they are trying to implement. The result of this will no doubt show up in VP10 a Scott as stated. To recap, I do not recall a better synergy between Authors and the Devs since the early days of Black's involvement in VP... And that's a long time ago!

-what are the issues you have with ATI cards? I am running one in my desktop and vp works just fine with it. Is the issue more that your ati gpu is outdated? If so that's hardly the fault of the current vp dx9 support, it's entire purpose is reverse of what you state, as it now allows vp to work properly even on nee cheap dx9 cards.

Perhaps the issue is not with outdated equipment, perhaps it's a little thing preventing it to work as it should. Post specifics on your issues and let's see if we can help, some of us have dealt with these issues, so no sense reinventing the wheel. From playing your past games, it would be a shame to not be able to see any of your current/future work due to a misunderstanding on getting new vp to work.

Btw, vp 9.9 IS the dx9 version, so I am not sure if you meant 9.2.1 which is the last version to support legacy hardware. At the very least that version should work ok with you?

I guess I am kind of puzzled with the two hours to install vpm on your notebook as it took me 15 min to install everything I need on a win 8.1 tablet and that's not exactly easier than a standard winxp/7 desktop! The advantage is I have recent experience and you do not, You are a smart guy Shiva, On the intellect VP scale if I am a 6 out of 10, you are a solid 9+! So I have got to believe this is just frustration that's preventing you from getting this done (and in your shoes, rediscovering VP after so long, I appreciate that)

Again, let us help you.

Maybe a bit fustrated yes. My computers are both 2 years old, VPM was a brand new install on both so I don't see how they shouldn't work, just like any normal person would. People should think about it as a consumer product, the more people that can use it, the more people that can contribute. And this is where VP is going off the rails a bit (so far at least, they may change it) because it's far more complex looking to the average person than FP, and FP will work right out of the box. I think you are all so use to all these changes over a period of time that you don't notice the huge amount of new settings that could overpower anyone, especially someone new. Even installing VP and VPM can be confusing, especially to a new person, he doesn't know he needs vbs/samples etc, even if he can get it to work straight away. (and mine didn't)

This FP/VP thing is a moot point,  I actually fully expect that both VP and FP will grind to a halt as soon as the third editor is mature enough anyway, especially with VPM support. Shiny new toy and all that.

As a person involved with both VP and FP development even if it's at a minor level, I certainly don't think FP should be slammed in any way. It was only two years ago that VP table development almost was dead for a long period of time due to a lack of authors with the knowledge needed to make tables. FP has made enormous strides in the last couple years, just like VP, and it should be fair to point that out just as much.

Either way, I don't consider my computer to be legacy, but I still have problems with 9.2x as well, though minor.  And I do believe it's a ATI issue in VP, I have a computer with NVidia graphics, far older than my new ones, and have fewer problems.

As for me, please don't assume I am going to do anything.  I still have to decide if I want to be part of this again, and if I wish to spend the amount of time needed, which is months/years if I tackle se4. I'm taking one of my games, am working on it for a couple of weeks, and then I will decide if it's worth my time and/or sanity level based on my progress, and if my spark has come back to drive the effort. I guess you have to understand that if I take the time to do something, I try and make sure that my work are useable to as many people as possible, and a lot of people are still using XP after all. The last couple issues I doubt anyone could help me with anyway, I will just have to come up with a different way is all.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time, but this is UW's thread, and I should be ignored anyway when I get fustrated, I have been here since the beginning, and more than anyone else have a lot invested in VP and VPM just in time involved. I kind of didn't expect that with all the new things and up to speed stuff that I have to learn, like vbscript and graphics, that VP would be the one that takes up as much time as it has.

• 2 years later...

i would realy like if someone ported road girls. FP has not been developed since 2010. and to keep the table alive i feel the only way is to port it. i realy hope someone does it or develop a software that could do the job. or if VP 10 could be compatible with FP. Like Unit3d tried to do. but that also seems like it has stoped. so please Port Road Girls. 

Archived