Alien Posted June 28 Posted June 28 On 6/23/2026 at 9:26 PM, hauntfreaks said: another step in trying to make the temp apartment more homey new art for the wall above the couch!! this a panoramic from Mount Washington overlooking Pittsburgh, PA I shot this in 2003, on our road trip out there... this is 10 shots stitched together, and the fireworks were and awesome bonus... Hey those shots are outstanding, and they really do warm the place up. Bonus points for Dumbo in the background! You continue to be in my thoughts... Stay strong.
TigerOfOld Posted June 28 Posted June 28 Late to the party but glad to hear @hauntfreaks and Mrs Hauntfreaks are doing OK and looking forward to seeing progress on your new house in due course. Best wishes! ❤️
Harley-Boy Posted June 30 Posted June 30 I'm so glad you're safe and sound, I wish you a speedy recovery, and that you rebuild your nest A difficult challenge, but not insurmountable, stay strong and united, surrounded by friends. ❤️
mgthe2 Posted June 30 Posted June 30 I am relatively new to the VPin world and community but I’ve already noticed @hauntfreaks massive contributions the it. Nearly every time I need a full dmd backglass I know who to go to. I’m sorry to hear this and I hope recovery goes smoothly.
DJMoss Posted July 5 Posted July 5 This is so sad. Thanks for everything you have done up to this point for our community, take care of yourself and family
NormM Posted July 27 Posted July 27 Just chiming in cause I was thinking about Haunt. Hope all is going as well as can be expected
Segamitch Posted August 19 Posted August 19 On 6/16/2026 at 10:06 PM, hauntfreaks said: as much as I appreciate the offer.... its just not my style... the post was more of a ball bust then anything... if anything has changed as the process has gone on and there’s anything this community can do for you we are all here and grateful
hauntfreaks Posted August 22 Posted August 22 so I feel like I should give an update on how we're doing and where were at in the process... were in the stage of buying a house near my kid in the NJ Pine Barrens aka the woods... its a modular home, so we have a few weeks to decide what we want in it, so more stress... it won't be ready for us to move in until December... but we can stay in the apartment were in now until May if needed... so there is no hurry for us to move in... Ms, HauntFreaks... brought up the other day that since there will be an extra bedroom... what a "pre-built" VP cab would cost... I replied "let's worry about that at a later date"... her reply was "well if you see a good deal, let's talk about it before its gone"... she a very kind and selfless person... and I'm a lucky MFer to have her... so who knows, maybe at some point i will have a new cab... it kills me to not build something myself, but where we are, and were we will be... building is not possible anymore... thank you once again for everyone's moral support, and kind words
Harley-Boy Posted August 22 Posted August 22 Never say never anything is possible, and I wish you all the best for the future I'm used to doing everything myself, repairs, construction, etc. so I understand about the pinball virtual cabinet already being built, but why not? You surely deserve it, I think, my friend.
deadmanworking Posted August 22 Posted August 22 15 hours ago, hauntfreaks said: so I feel like I should give an update on how we're doing and where were at in the process... were in the stage of buying a house near my kid in the NJ Pine Barrens aka the woods... its a modular home, so we have a few weeks to decide what we want in it, so more stress... it won't be ready for us to move in until December... but we can stay in the apartment were in now until May if needed... so there is no hurry for us to move in... Ms, HauntFreaks... brought up the other day that since there will be an extra bedroom... what a "pre-built" VP cab would cost... I replied "let's worry about that at a later date"... her reply was "well if you see a good deal, let's talk about it before its gone"... she a very kind and selfless person... and I'm a lucky MFer to have her... so who knows, maybe at some point i will have a new cab... it kills me to not build something myself, but where we are, and were we will be... building is not possible anymore... thank you once again for everyone's moral support, and kind words I would help build one for you, but not based in the US - that being said as many have offered in this thread already I'm sure the community can come together to organize a build to your spec (collecting parts/money/manpower) as that's the least we can do..?
hauntfreaks Posted August 23 Posted August 23 7 hours ago, deadmanworking said: I would help build one for you, but not based in the US - that being said as many have offered in this thread already I'm sure the community can come together to organize a build to your spec (collecting parts/money/manpower) as that's the least we can do..? yeah everyone in the community has been very supportive... and i 100% believe they would do whatever they could for me/us.... and is overwhelmingly thoughtful and kind... it all warms my heart... but i could never take such a gift... just knowing it would even be suggested is more than enough for me ❤️ but i have been looking on marketplace for something that would fit our budget... I do see one about 1.5 hours from me .... and i have been asking questions... so who knows, maybe some luck will fall into place again thank you all so much
Anthias Posted August 23 Posted August 23 Glad things are coming together. And yes you are a lucky MFer lol my wife would sooner burn my cab to the ground than me ever afford the repairs it needs to work again. It must be nice having something that brings you joy supported by the one person who should. I hope you can get that cab.
tedlogan12 Posted August 23 Posted August 23 On 8/22/2026 at 4:06 PM, deadmanworking said: I would help build one for you, but not based in the US - that being said as many have offered in this thread already I'm sure the community can come together to organize a build to your spec (collecting parts/money/manpower) as that's the least we can do..? I am based in the US and my vcab is sitting in storage. It's not a great one, but the motherboard/GPU/ram are still reasonable (AMD Ryzen 5500, 16gb ram, GeForce 2070). I'd be willing to donate them to Hauntfreaks as a thank you for all the work he's done (I now play VR, so I still enjoy that work all the time). Not a tip, just a thank you.
tylxmen Posted August 31 Posted August 31 Je viens de retomber sur un post, parlant de ce qui vous est arrivé. Je suis vraiment désolé et triste , si pour une fois , on peut vous aider de n'importe quelle manière, dites nous comment on peut vous aider, au lieu de donner à une assoc, comme vous le préconisez, si pour une fois on peut vous le donner directement, n'hésitez pas , dites le. Merciiii pour tout votre travail, et votre courage 🙏 👍
Kickman81 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Wow, awful to hear. You’re one of the greats. I have checked in here in awhile and I’m just reading this.. hope things work out for the best for you and your wife.
hauntfreaks Posted September 28 Posted September 28 update had a really bad depressing weekend... we had to work on the loss spreadsheet (what was lost in the fire)... my job was to look up and right down every tool I could remember I had... still not done.... i'm up to $14k in tools so far... I have still more to try and remember I want this chapter of my life just over... the house is finally being torn down next week... then will be the nightmare of selling the land... and dealing with those vultures anyway.... thats whats up with us as I type... again thank you to everyone that has been so kind to us....
teisen Posted September 28 Posted September 28 18 minutes ago, hauntfreaks said: update had a really bad depressing weekend... we had to work on the loss spreadsheet (what was lost in the fire)... my job was to look up and right down every tool I could remember I had... still not done.... i'm up to $14k in tools so far... I have still more to try and remember I want this chapter of my life just over... the house is finally being torn down next week... then will be the nightmare of selling the land... and dealing with those vultures anyway.... thats whats up with us as I type... again thank you to everyone that has been so kind to us.... Haunt, all of this is temporary; you’ll get past it one day and look back on it with great serenity—that’s what I wish for you! Don't forget to include the size 10 wrench in your toolkit... that one is essential.
jcm9800 Posted September 29 Posted September 29 if you need something with that we can help you haunted please let us now. iam sure it will a pleasure for the most of us to help you
hauntfreaks Posted Tuesday at 04:34 AM Posted Tuesday at 04:34 AM So this chapter of our life is gone, and gone forever. They tore down the house today—or, really, what was left of its carcass. Once all the debris is gone and the land is graded, the property will have to be sold. It was a very sad day, but I was angry at the same time. So many emotions tied to one place. I never ever want to see that property again.
Content Provider FlyingDutchman Posted Tuesday at 06:09 AM Content Provider Posted Tuesday at 06:09 AM 😔
robertms Posted Tuesday at 06:57 PM Posted Tuesday at 06:57 PM 14 hours ago, hauntfreaks said: It was a very sad day, but I was angry at the same time. So many emotions tied to one place. I share in your anger haunt, this sucks. Hang in there buddy, this emotional rollercoaster will be over soon..
pacboy Posted Tuesday at 10:03 PM Posted Tuesday at 10:03 PM That's awful, man—a terrible day. Sending my best to you and your wife.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now