Future Pinball Ramps In Visual Pinball - Tutorial

• Content Provider

It's just data telling it where the center of the object is. You imported an entire FP table into Blender, so it's pivot point is the center of the FP table, whether the rest of it exists or not. You can specify in Blender, somewhere, where the center (aka pivot point in this case) of the model is but I don't know it off hand. That would be your solution though

Yeah, moving into center of plane is probably a better idea :) lol, so lazy.

What you reckon about exporting every one of my wall guides as one? Looks like it handling this all ok at the moment. I'm sure she won't blow my machine up if I try it , lol.

• Content Provider

Yeah, moving into center of plane is probably a better idea :) lol, so lazy.

What you reckon about exporting every one of my wall guides as one? Looks like it handling this all ok at the moment. I'm sure she won't blow my machine up if I try it , lol.

The problem with that is your textures start getting stretched thin, you can try but the more faces the more your texture has to do

I did have a quick try at that but one wall was missing so I will have to try again. The model with all the walls is very small, miles smaller than the rubbers, I can't see there being too much of a problem with the textures all being sphere mapped to a chrome map.

Just pulled in the tables surrounding walls which were tiny as well. This is really cool, I've got around 8 FP/Unit3d tables that I can bring straight into VP like this. Kingpin & King Kong could do with some VP love too.

post-82-0-72166200-1402718642_thumb.jpg

These wire ramps are fine for ball friction but when it comes to importing standard ramps there seems to be a lot of it going on, pretty much impossible to make it up 70mm high. Flippers are set too powerfull as it is.

Maybe the more faces you have it seems the harder it is for the ball to travel up? Get weird spinning too off these rubbers with physmod5 (lots of faces), so just made hidden walls for the contact there. May have to do the same with a ramp.

• 1 month later...

Followed the steps in the video tutorial but have always the same error in visual pinball : no texture coordinates (UVs) found in obj file,import is impossible

( marked in Blender saving options UV )

Really want to learn this proces.

Thanx4reply

• Content Provider

OK I looked into it and....you're beyond my expertise. You're using the wireguides not ramps, which is what you need for what you're trying to do, but the same steps used for exporting wire ramps don't appear to work for the wire guides. I don't really know why. unclewilly would be the guy to ask on this specifically, he's a FP object wizard.

• 8 months later...
  • Content Provider

ramps.jpg

Anyone know why sometimes I get these triangular looking things on the top and bottom of wireramps sometimes?  On the right you can see the ramps as they are in Future Pinball.  When I run the table in FP, they look as they should.  Often times when I import an FP table to Blender, the wire ramps sometimes show up with these triangular wires.  you can see in the left picture, the left ramp has them, but the right ramp does not.  I never figured out why that happens.  Sometimes if I go back in FP and mess with the table, and then reimport, it might go away, but not always.

• Content Provider

Haha, I was afraid no one would have seen that before.  It's annoying because I don't know what's causing it, and I've gotten it to import correctly, but I don't know what was different.  For now, I just keep tweaking stuff in FP and then import it to blender and pray.

BTW, since I really can't work in VP10 until I upgrade my computer, are wireramps much better in VP10?

• Content Provider

Hey I had that happen also.  It had something to do adding a extra ramp point just past a wire ring so you can extend the upper ramp guides past the ring.  I couldnt figure out how to get it to work, so I let the upper guide stop at the ring and called it a day :)

• Content Provider

Hey I had that happen also.  It had something to do adding a extra ramp point just past a wire ring so you can extend the upper ramp guides past the ring.  I couldnt figure out how to get it to work, so I let the upper guide stop at the ring and called it a day :)

Hmmm, good observation.  I will try having the upper guide stop right at the ring.  That's what you get for trying to be more accurate!  Thanks gtxjoe, I will see if it works for me.

Archived