Direct B2S Backglass Dmd In Vp Tables Grrrrrrrrrr........

TT11

Hi all - I recently purchased a ready made Cab that has 260 tables loaded,  I have downloaded a heap of new Stern FP tables and you helped me immensely with the resizing of screens and backglasses and these are working great.  2 x tables that I really wanted to play on my Cab (personal faves) that weren't loaded are: 1994 Guns and Roses and 2002 Playboy.  I found them and downloaded both VP tables (shame they are not released for FP).

I have JP's original AC/DC table running a Direct B2S backglass and DMD perfectly that came with the Cab.  The Direct B2S Server is set up fine and it works when launched from VP as well as Hyperpin.

Back to these other VP tables that I downloaded (GNR and Playboy).... Both have Direct B2S files also saved to the VP\tables folder in Visual Pinball.  Guns and Roses loads with a flashing translite but the DMD is situated on the top left of the playfield and rotated horizontal.  I can place a border around it and move it to the correct place on the backglass but each and everytime I start this table in VP, the DMD is still on the playfield.  I also notice when I am moving the DMD the sound stutters and sometimes the game cannot will not launch and seems to almost lock up with screen glitches in VP.....  Haven't tried from Hyperpin.

The Playboy has a rather ugly (messy looking) static translite with no lights and there is no DMD to be found and I canot seem to bring it up or move it.  The game plays excellently but with a muddy looking translite and without DMD scoring it all seems a bit pointless.  It runs via VP and Hyperpin but no DMD.

I am thinking that Direct B2S files need tweaking?  I tried looking at the script of the working AC/DC table but I can't really see anything that stands out as to why this one functions well and these other tables will not.....

Would running "B2S ScreenRes Editor" help all the machines in one go????  I wouldn't like to lose the working AC/DC table....  Over to the forum

TT..

• Content Provider

Given that JPs version of ACDC doesn't actually use a ROM, and that the DMD information is simply part of the backglass, that's the reason that one works fine. It can't be wrong.

Go to Start > Run and type "regedit" and press enter, navigate the folder tree like normal and go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware - find the rom name for the table giving you DMD issues (gnr_300) and delete the entry. Start the table again and position/resize your DMD and see if that helps.

On top of that, can we be sure that you're running the correct VPM? Open GNR and hit "F1" and see if "cabinet mode" is checked, if it isn't, check it.

• Content Provider

First thing: For the DMD being rotated, look in the tablescript for rol=0 or rol = 0.

Change it to rol=1. That rotates/doesn't rotate the dmd.

Second thing: It's likely the DMD was hardcoded in the table so look for dmd.position (or something like that) and it should have x/y coordinates as to where the DMD goes. This is overriding directb2s so comment those 4 lines out. Now Directb2s will tell the DMD where to display and it won't be overridden by the tablescript.

I have the Lord Hiryu version, not sure if we have the same one. Just looked in mine and can't find those lol.

GGGGRRRRRRrrrrr double and tripple......!!!!

Went to registry and edited out the 'gnr_300' and 'playboys'.  Both tables reloaded again OK and resized and moved the DMD to the backglass TV.  Saved and CLosed both tables and guess what...... DMD still sitting on the playfield TV but at the size I made them at least.... 

But I can't believe what has happened to the look of the tables playfields.  Playboy has what looks to be paint globs smeared over the lower left and right and upper left and right flashers.   GNR is completely unplayable and looks like a 3 y.o. dropped globs of paint all over the playfield (sorry tried to upload photos to show you but neither .jpg or .png was allowed) ......!!!

I also tried the check of VPM with F1 and it brought up nothing so I loaded both tables and still brought up nothing about Cabinet Mode or anything to check off.  It looks to be running VPM 3.00.....  Could this be the source of all of my problems?

Any idea's for returning the tables to at least viewable??  Should I start from scratch and remove them from VP and reinstall them again.  I am definately using

'Playboy (Stern 2002) 1.04 low res' from VPForums / VP 9.x Cabinet Tables (FULL SCREEN) and 'GNR_VP920_FS_MOD_4.01' from VPForums VP 9.x MOD Cabinet Tables (FULL SCREEN).

Archived