I Want To Donate In Ways I Can

I've got ZERO programming skills but do know my way around electronics. Also, IRL I'm an operator so I have access to games that many may not have.

My current project is a Buck Hunter Pin that I'm shopping (read in another thread that 85vett was interested in doing BBH). 

Anyway, what do I need to do to take accurate scans or pics of the playfield and all its parts? I'm also open to letting someone local that knows what they are doing to come over to my shop (North Dallas area) and pick through the game if they want too. 

I've got pics and am now starting to scan flat plastics but thats all I have right now.

• Content Provider

I've got ZERO programming skills but do know my way around electronics. Also, IRL I'm an operator so I have access to games that many may not have.

My current project is a Buck Hunter Pin that I'm shopping (read in another thread that 85vett was interested in doing BBH). 

Anyway, what do I need to do to take accurate scans or pics of the playfield and all its parts? I'm also open to letting someone local that knows what they are doing to come over to my shop (North Dallas area) and pick through the game if they want too. 

I've got pics and am now starting to scan flat plastics but thats all I have right now.

Wow great to know! High res scans of the plastics are a great way to start. If you're doing a full shop job, there's a few things you can do to get playfield scans for us. If you get the playfield bare and free of parts, you can either take as many straight-on, high res photos as you can (too many is never enough) OR, the best thing to do is to use a flatbed scanner and scan each section until you have the whole thing. Most of us building tables have the ability to stitch these together to a great PF image.

Straight on pictures of other plastics are good, on BBH, take a few straight on shots of the mounted antlers, for example. Ideally one looking at it as if you were playing, and a few more for good measure. For the moving buck, again as many pictures as possible.

Do you happen to have 24? I could use plastics scans of this table? Thanks for offering your help. It's a great asset

• Content Provider

Hi,

Here is a specific question on BBH... just for curiosity sake...   :)      

Can you describe the location and behavior of the two optos associated with the buck motor/screw drive?  I know there are mechanical switches -one at each end of the screw drive, but no idea where the Buck related optos are mounted and what they detect.  i.e detecting # of rotations or detecting when a specific location is travelled to?

Are there any pages in the manual that cover this?  

Buck diagnostic test - there is D-7 and D-8 test with 2 numbers in the middle, how do the numbers change when the tests are run?

Thanks in advance for any info

• 3 months later...

Dont know how I missed all these replies, sorry guys...

I ended up taking a TON of pictures and scans of the Buck parts and shared those with one of the table builders so I'm sure something is either already done or will be shortly. I probably still have all the images if another one of you guys wants them.

As for how the buck knows where he's going... Theres an opto interrupter (metal disc with notches in it) on one end of the drive shaft moves the buck. The software is obviously counting the breaks in the optos as the buck moves but if I recall right those optos dont register in the switch test. There might be something about this in the manual but my machine didnt have one.

I do have a 24 but its about 1000 miles away from me now.

• Content Provider

I've got some scans of the plastics but could use some good pics of:

- decals on the ramps

- the plastic that has the bird lights on it (with the bulbs removed)

- the Elk

- the pappys pourch plastic

- the sling shot plastics (top and bottom)

- the inlane plastics (can't recall if I have those yet)

Check out my WIP thread ;-)

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1622-big-buck-hunter-wip/#entry15350

Archived