Question For Older Pin Tables Prior To Pindmd

bamamach1

A little introduction.

I have a cabinet someone built for me so my grandkids can have the same joy from pinball at home instead always wanting to go to the mall or other arcades and possibly getting into bad situations. It has all the latest bells and whistles.   I have three pinball machines; Elektra, Heavy Metal Meltdown and Black Rose.  They are a maintenance nightmare which is why I went in the VP direction.  Only Black Rose is currently working

Issue:

I have several older VP tables from the 70's and 80's that were prior to PinDmD tables.

I turned off the PinDMD so they are more realistic with scoring on the active backglasses. 

My issue is the backglasses won't exit with the table and I have to exit PinballX and hit esc to clear the backglass monitor.

I had the issue with the newer Pirates, X-men and Tron so this very nice person told me to add the following and it worked great.

Sub Table1_exit ()

Controller.stop

End Sub

I tried adding it to all the tables for the older games and they still will not close with the table.

It's probably something simple for the experts, but I've only been doing this for a long three weeks, but I must say I've learned quite a bit from all the helpful experts on the sites.

And while I'm asking questions, how in the heck do I get the dmd screen off the table.   I shrink and move them off, but low and behold, they're back next time the game loads.  Is there a box to check to disable it like there is to disable the PinDMD. 

Thanks for everyone's patience and assistance.  (I should add that I'm an old coot, so grasping the lingo and instructions sometimes take a little longer)

• Content Provider

I guess the tables that don't close the bg are with old rosve b2s system, if you use hyperpin, make sure table name and bg exe ends with _b2s, if pinballx, if you map the exit table to escape it should work.

For removing dmd screen, you can do it from the directb2s bg, when you have the focus on the db2s, press s and there hou can hide dmd

I guess the tables that don't close the bg are with old rosve b2s system, if you use hyperpin, make sure table name and bg exe ends with _b2s, if pinballx, if you map the exit table to escape it should work.

For removing dmd screen, you can do it from the directb2s bg, when you have the focus on the db2s, press s and there hou can hide dmd

They are direct.b2s backglasses that will not close. I have used all direct.b2s whenever they are available.

I don't know what I've done, but now most of them don't close after exiting a game back to PinballX.  It was originally only seven or eight, but now it is most of over 100 tables. I can still move the wheel and select another game and the new backglass will load over the one that didn't close.  When I finish and exit PinballX, I can hit esc on the keyboard and the last backglass will close, leaving the next to last showing, and so on..  If I played five tables, then I have to hit esc 5 times before I get back to the desktop, because they are still all loaded.

As for the second part about removing the dmd screen from the playfield, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean.

I figured out the issue with the backglasses not closing,

A few days ago when I downloaded the SAM files and all the VP files that accompany it in order to load Pirates, Tron, etc., it apparently changed my current VP to where I have to go into all my current tables and select the cabinet mode.  I had never gone into the F1 menu prior to this change and I don't even know if it existed before the change.  I knew it had to be something simple and I remembered Arngrim telling me to check the box when he was helping me with Pirates.  I am now in the process of changing over a 100 tables that were already on my computer to show cabinet mode.  The backglasses had all worked great before SAM download.  Never to old to live and learn.

You should not need to do that, just ensure you run the vpinmame setup.exe and ensure its set to cabinet mode as default. Now, if you ran a table before doing this, then for those tables it's probably saved as "non cabinet" so you do have to correct those, but for any tables you have not run since you installed the new vpinmame, you should be ok by just setting the option cabinet in the setup.exe

You should not need to do that, just ensure you run the vpinmame setup.exe and ensure its set to cabinet mode as default. Now, if you ran a table before doing this, then for those tables it's probably saved as "non cabinet" so you do have to correct those, but for any tables you have not run since you installed the new vpinmame, you should be ok by just setting the option cabinet in the setup.exe

Thanks Loafmeister for the info.

It's probably about 50-50, so I guess I'll just manually do them in order, since I'm unsure. 

This experience has been fun, but taxing my mind trying to learn the ins and outs.

Click on the backglass and press s to open db2s options

Took a while, but I completed most of them.  Scared Stiff, Star Trek, STTNG, Star Wars, T2, T3 TFTC, Circus Voltaire, AFM and a few others wouldn't open the db2s options.  I don't know why, I followed the same procedures, but I can live with it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Would love to get to Belgium some day.  I was in Frankfurt, Germany for a couple of weeks back in 1987 and it was great.  My only time in Europe.

bamamach1 - I have nothing to contribute here since you've got the issues worked out. I just wanted to say that between the whole "built a fully loaded cab for my grandkids" after a 3-week exposure time, and your overall manners and demeanor — you sound like a truly upstanding fellow. Rock on!

• Content Provider

those pins you say that come from the 70's aren't made in vp since vp didn't come about until 2000

off wiki:  Visual Pinball was first released to the public on December 19, 2000 by programmer Randy Davis.

I don't know how much these cost, but you need to buy some.

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/33881/artificial-brains-for-sale/

He was talking about 70's tables recreated in VP, ya stooge. I'm just teasing you Faralos, but really you should read things twice sometimes.

:D

bamamach1 - I have nothing to contribute here since you've got the issues worked out. I just wanted to say that between the whole "built a fully loaded cab for my grandkids" after a 3-week exposure time, and your overall manners and demeanor — you sound like a truly upstanding fellow. Rock on!

Thanks.

It has been a great experience, but the lingo and know how are difficult at times.

Outside frontend means start vp from his exe and not from a frontend that calls that vp.exe

Thanks for clarifying.  I tried from vp.exe, but still will not let me in the db2s options on AFM.  I didn't attempt any others yet, but like I stated earlier, I can live with the 9 or 10 that won't let me get to the db2s options.  It does seem strange, since I was able to open the options on over 100 other db2s backglasses.

On another note, know of anyone working on the ACDC LE Lucifer  table.  That is one great looking pin and the music takes me back.  I know some have a gentlemen's agreement to wait three years which is admirable.  I can wait, just wondered if anyone has the table art on the drawing board.

it just doesn't make sense if you can enter db2s options, not for all the tables, are you sure you use a db2s for afm?? :)

I know it's odd.  If a table had a d2bs, it is what I used.  The tables that don't have d2bs available just have a static backglass because I haven't dealt with the uvp much.  I moved the cabinet from my house up to the shop/gameroom about a half mile away, so I'll check again tomorrow. 

Archived