Ledwiz Tool Option

• Content Provider

Should we set it up so every device can have min / max settings or just specific ones that actually use intensity settings?

The first is easiest to implement, but it doesn't make sense to have it applied to items like "Start Button".  The second takes a little more work, and it's something we'll have to maintain, so if we add new toys, it won't have the settings until we manually enter that item into the database.

Randr,

This is why I would suggest a video.  I do not believe you can cause a different "thunk" by changing the intensity value.

More precisely, based on the speed of the device you might generate some weird chattering via PWM if it is slow enough, but you will not be able to change the volume of the "thunk", and sending such a signal to a contactor, relay or solenoid could prove hazardous to your equipment.

If using a relay.. a fade or low intensity will cause "chattering" is why I brought up the option to change it. But for contactors no relay is needed and indeed a lower intensity causes contactor not to fire 100% power and does give an effect of different target or solenoid. The "thunk" of cantactor is less for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may indeed by getting a chattering causing something that seems to change the nature of the sound, but rest assured, you can't "Softly engage" a contactor via PWM, and indeed all the voltage spikes that occur due to the PWM signal is stressing your components.

edit:  I should add if you want to believe there is a need for this and leave it in, awesome, so long as there is a way to remove it from the profiles.  The config tool should probably contain some type of a warning that sending PWM signals to any inductive load (contactor, relay, solenoid) is not intended operation and potentially destructive.

• Content Provider

Do you think i use something that doesn't work spektre? You don't know me :)

And when i introduced it, it was when cv with ringmaster platinum came out, quite some found that awesome ;)

I understand.  And no one caught that i48 was not on until recently either.  If it works for you, great!

But I have contactors that work as electromagnetically controlled switches and I cannot change the intensity of a closure of such a switch by passing it a PWM signal.  Indeed doing so will likely lead to the device failing earlier rather than later.  I an not sure what technology your contactors work from.

• Content Provider

Rhe only way to resolve the fading is to completely remove it from the effect, i use it for fan so they don't stop instantly, works great here, i use it once for gear motor in whirlwind, and that's all except the leds and front buttons if i'm correct

• Content Provider

Ha! Agreed I think I'll buy him a case or two of beers! Awesome! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really appreciate that Randr, but you should really dontate beers to Arngrim, Bent98 and the others who have contributed all the configs to the tool.  That's the hard work.  I wrote the tool over a few weeks, and I was done with it.  Arngrim has been slaving away at all these configs for months and has really driven most of the development ideas for it.

The funny thing is, I didn't complete the tool until after I had sold my cabinet, so I've never actually got to use it for myself.  Maybe one day if I build another one. :)

Well I can buy Arngrim another round. I cannot believe you've never actually put the tool to use! I will say typical as a shoe repairman's kids go shoeless as they say!

Thanks again for considering adding peoples input! The tool and dof keeps getting better and better.

P.s. (One more request since I've been lucky so far)

A: done

B:done

C: actually did!

D: a date with Pamela Anderson please. ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I can buy Arngrim another round. I cannot believe you've never actually put the tool to use! I will say typical as a shoe repairman's kids go shoeless as they say!

Thanks again for considering adding peoples input! The tool and dof keeps getting better and better.

P.s. (One more request since I've been lucky so far)

A: done

B:done

C: actually did!

D: a date with Pamela Anderson please. ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHAHA ummm I think that maybe you mean Pamela Anderson from 1999 because today ... ahh NO hell NO ... maybe not my place to say but hell that is me and what I do .. maybe a Date night with the wife randr .... lol  Just sayin.  :D

Also maybe a Donation Fund for DeeGor VP Cab Version 2 .... Huh anyone??!!!

Thanks for the hard work EVERYONE ... I have only played with a few tables as far as looking at the manuals and trying to adjust a few things ... but all the configs that have been done ... AMAZING. 

• Content Provider

Jack, that would be great if you have such recurrent ideas like that, people are really listening to you :D

It is even much nicer when you don't ask anything :)

With the next changes, mappings will be even more complex.. and if we go to matrix mappings, no need to rush to make a max of tables with the next changes...

• 2 weeks later...

Where are we on the update of the tool? Do I need to go through all my tables and delete the fade or is there going to be a option to disable soon? I am asking because I started to delete the fade for the bumpers but I notice in the table config there is also listed a bumper middle ... bumper back ... and just bumper. In the port assignment I only see a bumper selection. Can someone explain this a little? I guess anything that has a bumper in the config gets sent to the 4 bumper selections in the port assignments .... how do you know what is what going where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I removed most fades..I think tool update will be coming but probably not soon. I hope it includes the 49 setting as 48 is not full intensity. Love the config tool and cannot live without it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived