Ledwiz Tool Option

I second this as I am not sure why there is an intensity setting to contactors... but I am electrically challenged ... lol .... I am cheap and have used car starter solenoids for my flippers and knocker and I found a 6v tractor starter solenoids for the slings and bumpers so they are either on or off ... can someone explain to me how sending pmw to a on or off switch to vary intensity works?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

I'm not sure if you can actually increase the power on contactors.  Someone please chime in if I'm worng, but I believe by default they hit at full power.

If you want them to be louder, there was someone out there that modded their contactors with washers or something.  I think I saw the thread on the Hyperspin forums.

With DOF current configs lower intensity of some contactors to simulate different effects and placement. I would rather run them at a higher intensity. I do mod my configs but would be nice to have a global "lowest" intensity for contactors

• Content Provider

Fact is we go down to i32 for contactors for targets, and i40 for drop targets

There are two ways to fix this, having an option in the configtool which, for contactors we define the minimum intensity, just like we can limit the max intensity of the shaker.

The other solution is in dof, we talked to have global variables that overrides the parameters of the drop targets, targets etc

The first solution is easier, no need to change the configs

Interesting information here, specifically about the contactors being selectively dialed down. I had noticed this a while ago while working on a driver board... I could hear my relays (used to switch the 24v contactors w/ 5v) making slightly different pitches when they would fire.

One thing you want to avoid like fire in a situation like mine though is applying PWM to signals going to a relay bank. I once accidentally ran a 12V Start button lamp through a relay (wasn't paying attention like, at all, to what I was wiring). Naturally, the first test had a table with a pulsing start button. The relay was screeching and clicking something horrible as it tried to slowly open and close the switch.

/ Surprisingly, both the relay and the lamp survived the accident.

• Content Provider

Why do you all have so much relays in your cabs? I managed to have only one, and i have all the powerful toys, but especially the contactors, i don't understand to have relays..?

Anyway, if you choose pwm off on the configtool, does this affect all the output? Jack?

I have a relay for knocker, blower, gear motor, beacons and strobe that's all. I don't even need a relay for strobes but I like the sound of they relay. The other relays are needed if your not using a zeb setup. No reason for relay on any contactor unless they are high voltage or car starters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is interesting information and I guess I should have looked at the profiles more carefully.

Contactors cannot be made to knock less loudly with PWM.  What they CAN be made to do is chatter.  This situation is potentially dangerous for some implementations.

Some people use actual solenoids for some of the force feedback effects.  Applying a PWM signal to these cause a ton of back EMF spikes to occur.

In summary, contactors, relays and solenoids are devices that really should not have PWM signals applied to them and there is no benefit from doing so as there is with the shaker motor and lights.

• Content Provider

From the start i was asking to be able to adjust the intensity, but on dof level, i realize it is a painful task.

If Deegor can add an option on the configtool, to pwm for type of toy, contactor, fan etc..

You say pwm off for contactor for example, and when the ini files are generated, it removes all the i32 and i40 from all the configs.

Well I want your strobe! But as far as intensity on tool yes would be nice to say I want intensity x and globally change all contactors or change blower seperatly set minimum ix for each toy. Maybe even an option to have fading on toy or not would also be nice. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused as to why anyone wants PWM signals at all for contactors, solenoids, or knockers.  You cannot achieve the "quieter knock" effect with it, at least not without a hardware low pass filter placed at the device.

You can, with a lower voltage dc signal or limiting the current with a resistor sometimes, but that isn't PWM exactly, it just seems like it for LEDs where the switching rate is fast enough.

Isn't this a profile table configuration issue?

• Content Provider

and the different intensities for contactors have been introduced for a while now, it is to have different sounds, to recognize a bumper than a drop target than a simple target.

• Content Provider

I can add this feature.  I'll try to add it in this weekend along with a few other items that Arngrim has been waiting for.

Just to be straight.  We want an option to set a min / max intensity for contactors, and have it work just like the shaker motor intensity option.

Correct?

A: yes min intensity/max intensity for contactors and any other "toy" option that can use the "I" optioned separately to choose min/max

B: fading for lights is fine and awesome! but fading a gear motor or fading a blower for my setup is a issue... maybe option to remove fading? but no need to have option for lights.

C: can we change the name of ledwiz tool to RANDR configtool? ;)

Thanks so much for considering this!

Do you have a video showing the "different intensities" with contactors?

It's my contention that this doesn't work.

Of coarse it works. works very well! causes a different Thunk if you will..

i just prefer to run my contactors closer to 48 but its just my prefrence

+1 for RANDR config tool .... lol

Really just to confirm as stated I have a similar setup as randr and with the relays you can hear the difference clearly. I was unde r the impression that PWM was only for the LEDs but after checking the box I noticed that the relays really made some strange noise. So I unselected that and still had some issues with the new 6v solenoids I installed for the bumpers. Looking at the table configs I noticed the "i" value and removed it from the bumper entry. There is a definite difference in sound and performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Archived