Your Search Function on this site is useless. Can't find things that are on the site.

• Content Provider
17 minutes ago, Brian_Frank said:

Many many times I have searched for Tables that I downloaded off VPUNIVERSE.com and your Search bar seems to have no idea what to do, find, or display. Useless.

See attached screenshot with example.

VPuniverse Search is Garbage.jpg

If you paid attention to what you are doing, you would see you can choose category of where you want to search.

More than likely, you are only searching in the current topic, and this is why your search results are not working.

You want to select "Everywhere" to have full search.

See pic for example.

Capture.thumb.PNG.7d5741629a563473c5ef1866847f705b.PNG

• Administrators

On top of not searching the right category, The search runs off of Tags and if the person uploading the file doesn't tag it right and you enter  for example,

buffy the vampire slayer - vp cooks, its looking for that tag, it might find it if theres not of related tags for other tables out there.

I searched 'buffy' in files and it popped up, and also just searched 'cooks' and all his files come up.. 

So bottom line you need to learn how to search before you trash the search engine.. TAGS most search engines run off of TAGS 👍

7 hours ago, xenonph said:

If you paid attention to what you are doing, you would see you can choose category of where you want to search.

More than likely, you are only searching in the current topic, and this is why your search results are not working.

See pic for example.

NOPE. Nothing to do with my example. Search "Everything" can be used for the following table that is on this site. 0 Search Results. Duh!

Try this one yourself...
Buffy The Vampire Slayer-VP_Cooks

6 hours ago, Wildman said:

On top of not searching the right category, The search runs off of Tags and if the person uploading the file doesn't tag it right and you enter  for example,

buffy the vampire slayer - vp cooks, its looking for that tag, it might find it if theres not of related tags for other tables out there.

I searched 'buffy' in files and it popped up, and also just searched 'cooks' and all his files come up.. 

So bottom line you need to learn how to search before you trash the search engine.. TAGS most search engines run off of TAGS 👍

I do normally select everything. Just not in the screenshot. Still doesn't work. Try it yourself. Search for "Buffy The Vampire Slayer-VP_Cooks"

7 hours ago, xenonph said:

See pic for example.

Like this. Still get 0 Results.

image.thumb.png.e570ef540134d1c028c9a78f77a9637e.png

7 hours ago, GeorgeH said:

The best luck I have had is to copy the following search and add it to Google:

site:https://vpuniverse.com SearchText

Just replace SearchText with your criteria. 

Wow. I forgot all about that way of searching via Google. That actually works well. Thanks man!

• Administrators

There are some words that are reserved and the database doesn't like it when they are used.  Avoid using any search terms including anything on THIS list as these are reserved words for database.  Also, searching for "THE" may cause issues as well.