Indiana Jones & Roadrunner - Knocker

Hello,

I believe that I have everything set up correctly, but I am having an issue with TerryRed's Indiana Jones and Roadrunner tables where the knockers don't work for anything. I get audio, but none of my physical knockers work. All other tables at this point on FP work great.  Any advice? 

• Content Provider

You are assuming that all tables with DOF will support a knocker. They won't.

VPX VPinMAME tables aren't completely coded from scratch, so their DOF support comes from the rom's coding (that is already done for most rom based tables).

On FP, tables are coded from scratch by hobbyists. No roms from a real pin.

The sound of a knocker may be played on some FP tables, but if you don't get your real knocker going off (but the rest of table's DOF works), then there is no knocker support added to the table for DOF.

Nothing you can do to change it.

Edited by TerryRed

Of course - knocker is IMHO one of the essential physical toys.

Mine is a cheap 12v solenoid placed inside back box, hammering at the wooden wall. (I added it to my "night mode" exceptions so the WAF is ok at evening play sessions)

Other essential physical toys (in my cab) are shaker and gear motors, some contractors for bumper/slingshots/flippers and a mechanic tilt bob. Beacon at top, real flasher domes with RGB LEDs and many more complete the feeling.

I know nothing about cabinets, but it seems like you should be able to code an event to drive the knocker since you guys use it to drive LEDs, blowers and all sorts of other stuff.  Maybe something like DOF or DOFlinx? 

I was wandering, do you ever feel the craving to say the line from "Young Frankenstein", "Wow, What knockers!"