Pup Pack Sounds and Audio - Poll

Pup Pack Audio and Sound  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if the audio from a Pup Pack clashes with the sound from the table?

• No, I don't care. If I don't like the sounds of both the table and Pup Pack together, I turn down the table sound.
    • Yes, I care. I can't enjoy a Pup Pack if the sound clashes with the sound of the table. That should be taken care of before I download the Pup Pack.

• PIPAllah changed the title to Pup Pack Sounds and Audio - Poll

I would like every pup pack to be as epic as the iron maiden pup. That is essentially how all modern pinballs are configured now.

That said I don't think its a question, I doubt anyone likes the sound from the pup conflicting with the rom but I can appreciate the difficulties trying to work around that.

Some observations: 

• Pups usually have a lot of audio call outs where the rom doesn't. I would play the game and identify some key rom call outs not to compete with. Example; demo mans "JACKPOT"
  • When the game is over the pup almost always competes with the short rom end of game song. I was going to test trying to delay the start of the end of game call a few seconds and see if that helps.
  • Might be a good idea to hit the local pin bar and play some modern games that use a full dmd by default and see how some of the call outs are handled

Good timing though, i'm building a cab and pup packs are a must and I was recently wondering how folks deal with this if the author doesn't have a modded rom, which seems rare.

-Chonk

Peace,

I'm going to start releasing altsound files with my Pup Packs when it's necessary.  The two Pup Packs I'm currently working on will benefit from the altsound, so both will be delayed as I sort that out.