Gyruss Pinball Machine, Game play.

rosve

• Administrators

Rosve - I was meaning to ask. What kind of experience did you have before you took on this project? I know that you have the scripting of B2S experience, but what was your hardware and electrical skills like? Did you learn as you go or were you already experienced in the wiring of the hardware.

Also, how is this interfaced into B2S? Is this connected via something like an IPAC to a PC and running VP in the background?

• Content Provider

Rosve - I was meaning to ask. What kind of experience did you have before you took on this project? I know that you have the scripting of B2S experience, but what was your hardware and electrical skills like? Did you learn as you go or were you already experienced in the wiring of the hardware.

Also, how is this interfaced into B2S? Is this connected via something like an IPAC to a PC and running VP in the background?

Not much experience,

A degree in electronics, 5 years as a sheet metal worker, 30 years of programming experience, been working with robotics and machine building for the last 17 years, wood working as a hobby and I used to restore old pinball machines as another hobby.

It's a PC with a LedWiz and an I-Pac, controlled by VP. Simpe but efficient :)

• Content Provider

Another video, with sound this time. Found the volume button on my camera :).

The right ramp is the hardest shot to make but it rewards power ups or level ups so it is important to master it to get a good score.

The total cost (excluding the PC, backglass monitor and legs) was 11000 SEK, roughly 1700 USD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived