42.01 MB File Size
silvslug ROM Name
BorgDog Created by
BorgDog, bodydump Artwork by
BorgDog Scripting by
Gottlieb Manufacturer
1990 Year

1 Screenshot

re-upload from a couple years back.  I think this is the last of my tables except for a few variations (4 player or import/export) of tables I've already uploaded.

Some time back I ran across some decent photos of a stripped/NOS playfield for Silver Slugger, did a quick look around and didn't see a VPX release, so started building it up.  Sometime later while looking for plastics I ran across bodydumps early vpx WIP of Silver Slugger that included redrawn playfield and plastics, and I said "dammit". since I had put a fair amount of work into my build I decided to keep on with it, and eventually got in touch with bodydump who gave me permission to use his resources.  since the playfields were not a direct match I decided to stick with mine instead of moving everything around, but it was fairly easy to move around bodydumps plastics to match my setup.

first a couple thank you's and kudos:

@bodydump, thanks for letting me use your resources, very much appreciated

@DCrosby, thanks for the upscale/cleanup of my playfield

@Schreibi34, thanks for the new kicker primitives

@bord, thanks for all the blender instruction

So speaking of blender, I'm still learning, and this includes my first try at some reflections on walls.  Not a lot of them, but just the most visible of the shiny metal walls.  Also did another set of GI shadows in blender. I'm sure none of these are as good as others are capable of, but I think they turned out OK, and I'm learning something new (they say that's good for us old people's brains).

Table has a few options near the top of the script for turning flipper and ball shadows on and off and for choosing the apron card colors (stock black on white or inverse white on black).

FS is setup for my cab which has the playfield in windows portrait mode, I'm sure you all can figure it out, or at some point someone will post a wrong landscape pov file.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2152&picno=6637
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2638-silver-slugger-premier-1990/
Yes
v10

User Feedback