Attack from mars colorization

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this colorization, it looks awesome ! Unfortunately on my vpin it displays wrong colors so I certainly did something wrong. I put the folder containing both pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.vpin in vpinmame/roms/altcolor/afm_113b/

I have « colorize dmd » enabled when I hit F1.

Any suggestions on what I should try ?

thanks a lot !

5 hours ago, firebrand007 said:

Thanks a lot for this colorization, it looks awesome ! Unfortunately on my vpin it displays wrong colors so I certainly did something wrong. I put the folder containing both pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.vpin in vpinmame/roms/altcolor/afm_113b/

thanks a lot !

Do you have the latest firmware and .dll for your pin2dmd?

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, firebrand007 said:

thanks a lot !

At first I had that too, then I realized I had rom afm_113 running not afm_113b. That solved the problem.

crossing my fingers for it to be implemented for non pind2md users as well.
The interesting thing is that Freezy has a branch of his code committed that supports this that was done months ago.

I tried it with this AFM, it needed a tiny bug fix but otherwise seems to work perfectly. I did some quick back merging of a bunch of other things to make it more current.

I am very puzzled as to why this happens. Running latest pin2dmd firmware. if i attempt to use these alt color files, vp just freezes when loading. if i remove them all works. Other alt colour and pin2dmd only colourisations have no issue

On 09/06/2018 at 6:00 AM, JustAnotherRat said:

>>Do you have the latest firmware and .dll for your pin2dmd?
Thanks for the suggestion - my pin2DMD firmware is 2.55 and pind2DMD software is 2.53, I have the latest VPX 10.5 beta and sam vpiname but I realized I didn't have the latest Lucky dmddevice.dll. I updated it and now VP crashes right after I try to launch the table. :(
Interestingly, other colorizations work (eg : Lethal Weapon 3, ACDC, Ghostbusters...) except for 2 recent ones : SF2 and Terminator 2, which exhibit the same behaviour.. I'm lost!