List Of Vp Physmod Tables

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering, is it difficult to convert a VP table to a Phys Mod 5 table?  I would like to update Simpson's Pinball Party...

I have converted a few tables to physmod. Unlike some of these guys who really understand how VP works for me it was just a trial and error thing. Some tables are easy. Just change a couple of parameters and the table is ready. Other tables, ramps no longer work properly, balls get stuck, etc. Then it can take several hours to convert one. 

I wish I had a direct link but there have been some recommendations over on VPF on good starting points. I don't have a link handy but roughly:

Gravity should be set to 1 approximately. 

Table slope is usually in the 5.5-7 range for real tables. As with everything else seems to vary per table

Flipper mass to 1-2

Flipper strength 1000-3000

Flipper elasticity .9 or so

Playfield Friction .03-.09

Plungers, bumpers, slingshots will almost always require a force increase

One of the more experienced guys can probably give you more detailed recommendations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe thanks for posting these! Funhouse is accepting credits but will not launch a ball and takes the credit :) No Fear and X-Files play awesome thanks!

Do you know if anyone ever converted Doctor Who to a PM5? That table looks great in VP9.2 but it's hard to make the shots down the middle.

• Content Provider

Well the ball release kicker is right in the shooter lane.  You can select it, right click on it and unlock it.  Then move it to see if that helps. . (You can also in the Options window, change the Kicker "KickerInvisible" to "KickerCup" to see it

Do you hear the ballrelease sound?  You should at least see the ball appear and be stuck :)   

Anyways, also try deleting the nvram file, fh_l9.nv and see if that helps

post-3067-0-19813900-1453134796_thumb.jpg

Hey Joe, thanks for the quick response. I deleted the fh_l9.nv file with similar results. I actually went back to my Funhouse 9.9 version and it's doing the same thing! This may be Vpinmame issue as I have the latest release installed. I will go back to older version and test later today.

Update: I played around with the PM5 version on my test computer and it worked fine. So after resetting a few things via F6 (dips) I just changed over to the bootleg rom - fh_l9b.zip - and upon resetting to factory resets on bootup and it is now working fine? Not sure what the issue was it appears to be some sort of corruption with the original fh_l9 rom.

Archived