Some Rom Color Mods cause PinDMD3 to reset...

While I have been continuing to add new enhancements to my cab, I started adding the color roms. For the most part these have worked beautifully, and I appreciate the work that has been put into them. But when I tried Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure, the PinDMD3 resets the minute the animation starts. Like it lost the USB connection. I went back and checked my previous installments, and they continue to work as they should. But not IJ_l7. Now, even when I reset the table back to default, it still loses the DMD right upon start. I tried re-installing the table, but it made no difference. I had the same issue with Popeye Saves the Earth. Weird. Anyone ran into such an occurrence?

• Content Provider

First of all you are in the wrong place to ask for support for a PINDMD V3 . This section is about PIN2DMD which has nothing to do with the commercial PINDMD product from VirtuaPin. Maybe better ask in the VirtuaPin forum (vpforums.org) for help.

PS:

PINDMD V3 was never meant to be used with colored ROMs . The code in dmdext is based on reverse engineering the USB communication.

Are you sure you use the latest PINDMD3 firmware ?

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

First of all you are in the wrong place to ask for support for a PINDMD V3 . This section is about PIN2DMD which has nothing to do with the commercial PINDMD product from VirtuaPin. Maybe better ask in the VirtuaPin forum (vpforums.org) for help.

PS:

PINDMD V3 was never meant to be used with colored ROMs . The code in dmdext is based on reverse engineering the USB communication.

Are you sure you use the latest PINDMD3 firmware ?

That is a good question. It has been a couple of years since I purchased the PinDMD3. I will pursue that avenue. Although, for something that wasn't made for it, in most cases it works extremely well. I apologize for using the wrong venue. I just thought maybe someone had run into this circumstance before. Thanks for the response.

Edited by mllkat

I wish to thank you...again. Just by redirecting my efforts, I found the issue. It was merely a matter of using the pinDMDconfig software to reset the brightness of the device. Once I went back to default, Indiana Jones ran as it should with the color rom. It also let me know that it was already using the updated firmware. Thanks again.