No DMD

BGHansen

I'm a real newbie. . .  I'm running the Ghostbuster Future Pinball table on an ALP, i7 w/16 Gb, 2060 video card.  The table runs great but the DMD screen stays blank on the backglass.  I'm running Terry's latest FP/BAM, etc.

The table script has the following in it:

'CABINET USERS

'to have the DMD working on the backglass do the following respecting the order:

'   1/delete HUD DMD

'   2/rename the backglass DMD into -> "MyDMD"

I've searched through my Future Pinball folder and don't see anything related to "HUD DMD".  I didn't find any reference in the script to "HUD DMD" either.  Yeah, I know, probably something totally obvious to someone with a little more experience!

I also checked my DmdDevice config file (no reference) and ran the "Start FP - Backbox - DMDExt.bat" file which works great on the 30+ other Future Pinball tables I run (including Jaws Bigger Boat Edition, Blade Runner, Aliens Legacy, Star Wars DSA, Sonic, etc.; no problems with any of those tables).

Something obvious I'm missing?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by BGHansen
didn't mention the table I was having a problem with

Well, I learned something and got the Ghostbusters table fixed by my lonesome self!

Just documenting for others who may be as "newbie" as me!  The table script noted:

'  1/delete HUD DMD

'  2/rename the backglass DMD into -> "MyDmd"

Those instructions are correct, IF you know what you're doing!

I opened the table in Future Pinball and clicked on the 'Translite" icon on the left-hand side.  That brought up the backglass image with a DMD window shown near the bottom center.  When I clicked on the DMD rectangle, the right side of the editor showed a window titled "HudDmd".  I deleted the DMD window (delete key).

Then, at the bottom of the Translite screen, there's an icon labeled "Displays".  I clicked on that and selected "DMD" which is the selection just above "HUD Dmd".  I placed the DMD block at the bottom center of the screen.  Once in position, the Right side of the translite editor had a window labeled "DispDmd".  I changed the name to "MyDmd" as instructed in the table script.  Saved the table and BEHOLD, DMD was on my backglass.  Full disclosure, I had to go back into Future Pinball and tweak the position of the DMD with the arrow keys to get it centered on the Ghostbusters translite display area.

One other thing that maybe or maybe not necessary.  I right-clicked on the DMD display while in the translite editor and selected "Bring to Front".  I've had a problem with B2S on VPX where the backglass is on top of the DMD.  The fix there is to Right-click on the backglass image and click the dropdown near the top that'll probably say "Image on Top" (or something like that).  I select "Image on Bottom", Save Settings, and restart the table.  That puts the DMD on top of the backglass image. 

My assumption (maybe wrong?) was that Future Pinball may put the translite image over the DMD if I didn't put the DMD on top.