FlexDMD Position 2 Tables same Rom but different position on Full DMD

Hello, I'm still fairly new to VPX. However, by reading a lot here in the forum, I was able to work my way through it quite well and was able to solve a lot of problems.

If there is one thing I would ask you to either give me a workaround or confirm that I am doing it correctly. Of course, really is relative *smile

I have the Godzilla table from Sega and the limited edition. Both use the same ROM, so far so good. Both tables work.

If I now align the FlexDMD on the FullDMD, with Godzilla from Sega I save this position and so the next time I start the pinball machine, I have the DMD in the right place. Everything's nice so far.

If I now start the Godzilla Limited Version, then of course the FlexDMD is in the previously saved location. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with the FullDMD I use.

If I save it there, it is of course in the "wrong" position in Sega's Godzilla.

My thought now is that I simply select a different ROM to use. So I have two different DMD positions.

Another way of thinking is to solve this via DMDDevice.ini, where you have the option of storing these positions. However, I noticed that I had to name the ROM there, hence my approach to solving it using different ROMs.

Is that okay or not or are the tables always developed for a specific Rome and not compatible with the others?

I hope you understand what I mean :)

• 1 month later...

I have that same problem, just diference is, I sometimes play in landscape and sometimes in portrait mode. B2s is adjusted for every mode to fit the screen orientation, so when I change mode, I have to adjust dmd manualy. Too bad  that flexdmd doesnt have option for "save position for |table name|" 

Edited by acovukic