Cant register / assign cab button to Tweak Menu (F12)

Hi experts. On the latest 10.8 RC 64-bit version I can't for the life of me get the tweak button (default F12) to work as a cabinet button. F12 opens the vpinmame volume, so I changed it to another keyboard button, and it works with a keyboard, but assigning a a USB controlled button just dosent work. I tried several just to rule out faulty wiring, but everything seems to work fine. 

So: hitting the tweak menu button on the keyboard = works. Hitting the cab button assigned to the tweak menu in VPX key settings = does nothing. 

Any leads..?

Sorry, can someone please explain where the f12 option is set in VPX? When I press F12 all I get is vpinmame volume (see -32  to 0). I have looked at the keys/nudge/dof setting in VPV and nowhere is f12 defined. Is there a specific "button" I need to set?

• 1 month later...

Same issue here - even with latest 10.8.0 (1942)...

Actually, so have the same issue with the Pause key setup as well.  I suspect it's a bug because those same buttons work fine for other functions.

Would love to get this working though...

• 3 weeks later...

guys, I think there is a bug in 10.8 RC3 that sets the Tweak Menu to 'backspace'... I found it today after mine didnt work after updating to RC3... even if I back-rev'd

image.png.7040615bcb35cc1242f344d2dc0a681c.png

Edited by LTek