[New VP10 Alert] Beavis and Butt-head: Pinballed (Original 2024)

• Content Provider

Beavis and Butt-head: Pinballed (Original 2024)

Version 1.1 Update: New altsound folder included. Sounds are now more balanced all around. Thank you, foreheadvcr, for this tweak!

FUTURE UPDATE: To be implemented in 2.0:

For all that have asked, a VR Room is in the works and almost finished. (Of course, anyone not using VR can download this 1.1 version. :))

Thanks to Dazz for creating the DOF!             

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Butt-head: "It's about time, dumbass! What took you so damn long!? hh-huh-huh.".. Beavis: "Yeah, loser! heh-heh-heh."
Me: "Yeah, I know, I know. Sorry guys, too much procrastination."
Butt-head: "hh-huh-huh, he said 'ass'!".. Beavis: "Yeah, heh-heh-heh."

Well, after 2½ years in the making and to celebrate three decades of these two snickering metalhead idiots
who will never grow up or score, I am truly proud to finally present..

Beavis and Butt-head in.. "Pinballed."

Thirty years ago, a cartoon show with this crazy duo aired on MTV that was so divisive that politicians were calling for it to be
removed from the air. It was crass, it was filthy, but most of all, it was downright hilarious. Beavis and Butt-Head hocked a loogie
into the pool of early 1990s pop culture and they've been doing it ever since with episode after episode and a few movies thrown in.

As an homage to Mike Judge, Beavis and Butt-head, and to all of the older school pinball diehards out there, I created this table
as it might have looked, and should have been released, back in 1993. Nothing fancy, no videos, etc. Just good ol' fun retro pinball!

I want to thank Mr. J.P. Salas for his help(and patience) with the animation scripting and give a big shout out to the original
1991 table's script writers. That table script allowed me to start with a blank canvas to design and build my complete re-theme.
I'd also like to thank the Visual Pinball and Vpinmame development teams! Without you, none of this would be possible!

I hope that everyone who downloads this table has as much fun playing it as I did creating it.

Cheers!
Watacaractr

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
What you'll need to do to make this table run correctly:
1. You MUST have Vpinmame 3.6 beta or later installed to run this table (it will not run correctly without it).
    Here is the link for the latest Vpinmame version zip file located atop the first page of toxie's post:
    https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1
    Make sure you install the correct version of Vpinmame (32 or 64bit).
2. Please place the included altsound folder "beav_butt" in to your altsounds folder in Vpinmame.
3. Please place the included "beav_butt.nv" file in to your nvram folder in Vpinmame.
4. Please place the included "beav_butt.vbs" file in to your scripts folder in VPX.
5. Please place the included rom "beav_butt" zip file in to the roms folder in Vpinmame. Do not unzip the file.
    This same rom is also available as a stand-alone file on this site and elsewhere on different sites.
6. Look for the directb2s (2 screen(4:3 ratio), 3 screen & 3 screen w/full DMD) files on this site
     and on other sites as well. Wheel logo for frontends also available.
Note: These same instructions are included in the file

That's it. Enjoy!
"hh-huh-huh. You're gonna score!"

1 hour ago, DaCockyOne said:

Thanks.

Im getting an error Runtime Error Line 78 Game not found.

Any idea how to fix please

** All good got it working thanks for a great table

im having the same issues. Tried 10.7 and 10.8 beta

You have to download the latest Vpinmame 3.6 and install, It uses a clone ROM and only the newer version support it. I downloaded the vpinmame-sc v822 and installed it. Beavis and Butthead shows up in the ROM test when you run setup. You can get it on Git Hub.

4 hours ago, DaCockyOne said:

Thanks.

Im getting an error Runtime Error Line 78 Game not found.

Any idea how to fix please

** All good got it working thanks for a great table

I am getting the same error.   How did you fix it.

I'm definitely getting a new one for me.

Line: 185
Variable is undefined: 'SolCallback'

Maybe something to do with VpinMame install?

Do I need to do something else with it? Rom tested good. Says something about being used in the backbox translite.

2 hours ago, 10mmSocket said:

I'm definitely getting a new one for me.

Line: 185
Variable is undefined: 'SolCallback'

Maybe something to do with VpinMame install?

Do I need to do something else with it? Rom tested good. Says something about being used in the backbox translite.

Had script in wrong folder. My bad. Game plays awesome!

Thank you for this awesome table. Great theme, humour and details. Love it.

Two things though....

1. DOF is not working. B2B plugin is 'active', but no lights :(
  2. The volume of the call outs is all over the place. Is there a way to improve this?

Thanks again!

PS: fully updated to mame 3.6. I was hesitant since I just had everything, including DOF, working in 64Bit mode :)

Edited by vpmatt

19 hours ago, MasonStorm said:

Should I be hearing the Class of 1812 call outs with this table?

I had the same issue. Make sure the "beav_butt" altsound folder is in your "altsound" folder in VPinMAME. Had it in "altsounds" folder and heard Class of 1812 as well. Sounds much better now!

On 2/3/2024 at 8:04 AM, vpmatt said:

Thank you for this awesome table. Great theme, humour and details. Love it.

Two things though....

1. DOF is not working. B2B plugin is 'active', but no lights :(
  2. The volume of the shoutouts is all over the place. Is there a way to improve this?

Thanks again!

PS: fully updated to mame 3.6. I was hesitant since I just had everything, including DOF, working in 64Bit mode :)

Also... the flippers don't make it scroll through the initials when getting a highscore. Now I'm known as the AAA pinball wizard :P

22 hours ago, AlMundy said:

I had the same issue. Make sure the "beav_butt" altsound folder is in your "altsound" folder in VPinMAME. Had it in "altsounds" folder and heard Class of 1812 as well. Sounds much better now!

i am hearing the Sound of class 1812 too, but my ordner is named "altsound".
But if i cut the beav_butt folder, my explorer crash. Copy paste is working....

I went to github and tried to download 3.6 822. How do I know which version I now have installed as vpmame just says 3.6? I am still hearing class of 1812 sounds, I also tried to add the alias to the alias text as mentioned earlier in post. I also still get error can't create external dmd. Great table by the way.

1 hour ago, bha191 said:

I went to github and tried to download 3.6 822. How do I know which version I now have installed as vpmame just says 3.6? I am still hearing class of 1812 sounds, I also tried to add the alias to the alias text as mentioned earlier in post. I also still get error can't create external dmd. Great table by the way.

Here's the ones I used and worked fine..

VPinMAME-sc-3.6-822-66be20f-win-x86

VPinMAME-sc-3.6-822-66be20f-win-x64

Table info needs an update

showing info for tables/Beavis and Butt-head Pinballed (Original 2024)/Beavis and Butt-head_Pinballed.vpx
      VPX Version: 10.6
       Table Name: Class Of 1812
          Version: 1.0
           Author: tom tower & ninuzzu www.monsterbashpincab.com
    Save revision: [not set]
        Save date: [not set]
     Release Date: september 2017
      Description:
            Blurb:
            Rules:
           Company: Gottlieb
              Year: 1991

For vpinball standalone (linux/macOS/iOS/android) the table might not work because the `beav_butt.VBS` mentioned in the script should be `beav_butt.vbs` (linux has a case-sensitive filesystem).

Would be great if the author could fix this along with the wrong table info.

hello, I can open this table without error messages but I can't play. When I had credits I hear sound but I can't add player 1.

UPDATE : solved with keyboard, I did (7,8,9,0) and then I can add credits and players.

Edited by toto12347777
solved

23 hours ago, bwillard01 said:

I also am still hearing Class of 1812 sounds after installing latest Vpinmame version

Also, after updating to pinmame 3.6beta, now none of my DMD tables work.  God I hate updating this stuff

dmd error.png