Fake AlphaNumeric Display on DMD screen - How to control

I know this is a super simple setting, but I can't recall where it is.

I prefer my AlphaNumeric games to just put the scores on the backglass and leave the DMD screen blank, I updated something and now I'm getting a (cool looking if you like that sort of thing!) Alpha on the DMD screen
I don't hate it, but I'd like to know what controls this and how to toggle it on/off.

I have 2 screen DB2S files, but I may be out of touch in the DB2S development world.

FH_Alpha_DMD.jpg

On 1/27/2024 at 7:07 AM, grunger106 said:

I have 2 screen DB2S files, but I may be out of touch in the DB2S development world.

its not the Db2s development world you are out of touch, its the "real" pinball world you are out of touch.

many of the late 80s pinball machines moved the alpha numeric displays from the backglass to the DMD area.

the Db2s files you download are in most cases 100% accurate tot he original release.

The file in your picture is 100 accurate to the real machine

aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzQvMjEvYjkv

Many Db2s files have been modified to do the opposite of what you are asking.

original with the score in the backglass

modified version with the score in the DMD area

if you want to move the scores from the "original" location to the backglass screen you will need to learn how to do that yourself as not many people are running two screen cabs.

you could enable Freezys Alpha Numeric displays in witch case you don't need to modify any files but you will need to do this on a per table basis.

Edited by Pinballuser