My Arcade 1Up Mod

3 years and running strong. Things I'd like to do but never get around to: Add Magna Save Buttons. Add Cleveland software solenoid kit. Add a plunger and nudge.

Only issues with this set up: when I leave the cab on for a long time the solenoids stop working. I don't know if it is the power supply I am using or the stock solenoids get overheated but with a restart they work fine again after that happens. Not sure I want to upgrade to the heavier solenoids because it might sound way too loud on cab of this size.

Front End: Pinup Popper all 64 bit updated VPX10.8 etc (Running tables at 4k settings on 2560x1440 display)

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X 3.7GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Total Cache 105W Processor

HDD: 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive 

MEMORY: 16GB DDR4/3000MHz MEMORY 

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME B550M-A M-ATX 

POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply

VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 

Main Display: LG QHD 32-Inch Computer Monitor 32QN600-B, IPS (completely stripped)

DMD: A1UP Stock DMD

Backglass: Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 Inches Full HD Monitor

Topper: VSDISPLAY 14.9inch 1280x390 LCD Monitor VS149ZJ01,which with Screen LTA149B780F and HD-MI DVI VGA Input Controller Board M.NT68676.2A

Buttons: EG STARTS 10 Pcs/Lots Chrome Plating 30mm LED Illuminated Push Buttons with Micro Switch for Arcade Machine Games, 25 Cent Red Push for Credit Arcade LED Button for Arcade Machine, Plunger button: uxcell Game Push Button 60mm Round 12V LED Illuminated Push Button (Was able to make the stock on and off switch the mute button and the volume switch control volume). Added usb port up front as well.

Button encoder: SJ@JX Arcade Game USB Encoder Zero Delay Arcade Button Joystick Co

Relay Board: SainSmart USB Eight Channel Relay Board 

Speakers: DROK 3 Inch Square Speakers, 2PCS 4Ohm 15W Full Range Speaker 52mm Tweeter Speaker for DIY Refit Audio Player Car Audio, Geesatis 2 Pcs 3 inch Speaker Grills Cover Decorative Circles Guard Protector, with Mounting Screws, Silver

Amp:  Facmogu ST-838 2.1CH Audio Power Amplifier, RMS 20Wx2+40W Class D Stereo Digital Audio Amp with Subwoofer Output 

Tactile Feedback: Dayton Audio DAEX32QMB-4 Quad Feet Mega Bass 32mm Exciter 40W 4 Ohm,  4 x Dayton Audio DAEX25 Audio Exciter 

Solenoids: A1UP Stock

189381468_10225387691380176_7745690816166124281_n.jpg

Edited by Pinballerx

This looks absolutely stunning. I just bought attack from mars as my first machine and I'm looking at all of these mods and upgrades that this is capable of its quite remarkable. I'm definitely going to add a new screen, custom wrap from etsy, tempered glass, but I also want to get the better plunger that cool toys showed as well as putting better switches and maybe add a few buttons. Do you have a guide you used for all of this?  potencially one that breaks this all down much more thoroughly for a newbie like myself?

I believe I followed cooltoys tutorials for this. My build had some minor differences. I think my screen is larger than his and I have buttons all around and opted not to do the plunger. His build is a good basis. I just recommend reading up on installing pinuppopper, using a sainsmart board, using the dof config tool, and Joy2Key. A guide to this build would be a lot as most of the resources are out there. I would aslo just start experimenting with the software on a pc and a couple of screens before you even start putting it in the cabinet. You just might need to customize depending on the screen you choose. I just looked at the dimensions of cooltoys playfield display and searched for similar sizes. One thing I can say is be careful with stripped down screens. They crack if you look at them wrong. Good luck!