Wishlist for Releases in 2024....

A new year, a new wish list.  What would you most like to see in 2024?

Here is my wishful release list:

STERNS:
o Sword of Rage - Stern  (currently a WIP)

o House of Horrors - Stern   (currently a WIP)

o Star Wars - Stern (currently a WIP)

o Godzilla - Stern (accurate version instead of tribute)

o Heavy Metal - Stern

ORIGINAL IP:

o Futurama based table

o Jetsons based table

o Archer based table

REFRESHES:
o Al's Garage Band refresh (last released 2021)

o Black Hole refresh (last released 2017)

o Tx-Sector refresh (last release 2020)

o Vector refresh (last release 2020)

o F-14 refresh (last released 2017)

o Rock Encore (last released 2020)
o Hollywood Heat refresh (last released 2017)

o Wipe Out refresh (last released 2020)

o Party Animal refresh (least released 2021)

o Big Guns refresh (last released 2016)

DREAMS:

o Decoding SPIKE2 - lots of articles online where some devs are close, but haven't seen an update in a while.

I also wish great success to the VPE team as they continue to develop our next generation pinball platform. 

Happy New Years and Cheers flippers!

• Content Provider
Posted (edited)

Well... my hope was to get Silent Hill out last year. That didn't happen. :)

FizX

JLou has done multiple excellent updates to FizX physics (for Future Pinball) this last year. Anyone who has shunned FP in the past (because of physics) is really missing out if you haven't tried my latest table releases with FizX 3.2+ (its basically nFozzy on FP). He already has FizX 3.3 ready to roll out (and I updated the AIO Exmaple table and tutorial). We are just waiting for a new required BAM update to be finalized.

PinEvent V2 and PinEvent LITE tables

I did many other table updates / mods over the last year. I decided to do some PinEvent LITE updates (which has everything a V2 table has, except basic DOf, and no PUPDMD yet). FP has so many great tables you wont find anywhere else, and now with FuzX physics, and newer BAM lighting and ray cast shadows, etc... it doesn't take too long for me to update a FP to use all these things (and I tend to want to add my own mods, and flair to the table). Give the latest PinEvent V2 and PinEvent LITE tables a try. I think you guys will be surprised.

What will for sure be coming out by me this year?

Masters of the Universe: Collector's Edition.

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/8925-masters-of-the-universe-collectors-edition/?do=findComment&comment=76925

This is a huge mod / update to Rom's original Future Pinball game along the lines of what I did with Sonic Pinball Mania, but much bigger and much more gameplay. The entire game has new code and rules and many new modes and a new objective. to collect all the 80's toys! (figures, vehicles, playsets).

I've been taking time to learn more about how to import a FP table into Blender and remaking it so I can render all the lighting and the VR Room, etc in Blender. I've also been taking time to learn how to do pre-baked lighting / shadows in Blender to then use back into my FP table releases (kind of like what VP BTK tables are doing but nowhere near that level of amazing prebaking). It's been turning out really nice, as the pre-baked shadows and some pre-baked lighting compliments FP's real-time dynamic lighting very nicely. This is pic of my first Blender render (but more has been added since). The FP table is not far off from what you see here, and seeing it in action with the combined lighting is like WOW.

image.png.818caf4605c83f52db10aaa27e4097ac.png

What is on my wishlist to be released in 2024?

Silent Hill

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5077-silent-hill/

I've always told myself, if I was to do my own original table it would be Silent Hill. This one is always on going. It's my first original table that I've done myself from scratch. It started as a mode from RetroFlair 2, but now its a complete rebuild to become its own table. It's such a monstrous (pun intended) table in size. It's doing many things not done before, so it's a constant learning process for me, and I tend to go back and redo so many things once I learn new things. So much has changed since I first started it years ago. FizX physics (and BAM updates) changed FP completely so that meant I could drastically change how I wanted to make the table. It plays very differently (much better) compared to the videos I showed of it years ago.

It's literally the equivalent of multiple tables in one as it changes the playfield constantly during your progression. Not just the lighting and looks, but the actual layout / playfield and gameplay. Now that I've been learning how to do Blender pre-baking, I can finally start to make this look more like I always wanted. it looks so cool in VR.

So my focus (after MOTU CE is done) is to continue work on this one as much as I can, and see what is possible beyond what I've already done. So far it will take you a good 1 hour to get through the game (with no struggles) with what I have so far. There's still much more to be added! Don't worry... I've made it so you can play each Scene (major section) of the table directly, so you can enjoy all the very different parts of the table without having gone through it from the start. However, to get the actual real ending of the game, you need to complete it from start to finish.

Given that there is a Silent Hill 2 Remake possibly coming out in 2024, and a new Silent Hill movie (based on Silent Hill 2) also possibly coming out in 2024... it would be cool to also get this table done in the same year.

I look forward to the many great VP tables coming out as well. With the new VP 10.8 updates and BTK, we've seen some stunning looking tables released in 2023 (as well as all the other great VP tables)... and more are coming! I have to thank the likes of Niwak, Flupper, Bord, apophis, tomate, flux, iaakki, schlabber34, and the other VP Blender experts out there for paving the way with Blender / prebaking being used on tables. Their amazing table examples and advice / Blender support is what finally inspired to start down the Blender path.

Edited by TerryRed

The Sterns mentioned above BK SOR, Elvira or Star Wars would be amazing.

My personal preference is for updated nfozzy remakes of classics such as Trident, Lectronamo, Nugent (or any of the older sterns), Bally Supersonic and Gottlieb Volley.

Thanks so much to the authors on here for their incredible work and for introducing me to the older games and the joy of ripping lit spinners!

For an obscure wish, I'd love to see a VPX recreation of the old PC pinball video game based on The Avengers that is now sadly abandonware. The theme, callouts and gameplay were really fun.

2023 was an amazing year with vpx10.8 and 64 bit breakthrough( framepacing, dlaa, etc)

Terry you did an amazing job with all your release on fp and make it revelant again so thank you

Simple wish for 2024 VPX release are the  missing knoor vpx creation updated with nfozzy physic qnd fleep sounds so,

demolition man

world cup soccer 94

and obviously the release of twilight zone by VPW(hope it comes to celebrate the final release of VPx 10.8)

nfozzy/fleep upgrade for data east Jurassic Park and independance day sounds good also

sega star wars trilogy  is still missing nfozzy/fleep despite amazing graphic mod

capcom kingpin upgrade will be loved also

so this a list of some of my favorite table that are in need of  a physic upgrade to live up to their potential

Best year everybody

Edited by embryodead

Super VPU noob here weighing in, but:

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle (Spooky). Played the real table and know it's a huge huge shot in the dark, but it'll be a classic once converted to digital.

Halloween (Spooky), though the Marty table is doing great. I know Spooky is newer, but the excellent treatment of Total Nonstop Annihilation gives me hope their other tables can kill it as well.

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (Stern). I know it's not a popular table, but I dig the IP, haha.

Lights! Camera! Action! (Gottlieb) I've yet to see outside of the ALP table I own, which is an okay version, but would be cool with updated physics/visuals.

Cheers to you all in 2024!

Im happy with all and everything that gets put out, I appreciate everything we ALL do!

My only wish, Family Guy! lol My #1 favorite  table. Just a little polish and some updates is all it needs.

Thanks community for a fantastic 2023!

Can't wait to see what 2024 has instore for us.👊

Anything that VPW or all the other great community workers out there that incorporate all the physics and sounds into a table. I would love to see Terminator 2, and pirates of the Caribbean upgraded. Thank you everyone. Keep up the great work. 

Wishing For:

- Scramble (Tecnoplay 1987)

- Thunderball (Williams 1982) (My 2nd most wanted table)

- Dragonfist (Stern 1981) (My most wanted Table)

- Mach 2.0 Two (Spinball 1995)

- Varkon (Williams 1982)

- A Proper rebuild of Time 2000 (Atari)

- Space Riders (Atari)

- Hayburners II (Williams)

and many more VP9 creations that haven't been made

Knowing only one wish might come true, if I had 3 wishes for free, I'd die for

- Alien (Heighway)

- GunsnRoses ((JJP)

- The Shadow (Bally)

all been going through the VPinWorkshop (and I wish I had the time and knowledge to redo my endless Summer table from scratch with all the new physics/Sound/Blender stuff)

😉

Edited by makmak

On 1/3/2024 at 9:10 AM, MauiPunter said:

o Sword of Rage - Stern  (currently a WIP)

o House of Horrors - Stern   (currently a WIP)

o Star Wars - Stern (currently a WIP)

Any additional info about these WIPs?

For me the biggest surprise of 2023 was Williams Skylab (1974) release which quickly became my favorite table to play in VPX.

Williams Apollo (1967) came out to my great joy but is somewhat unplayable for me - can't get much ball/flipper contact for some reason. Played it live this month

at PHOF Las Vegas but difficult to say whether slings were more forgiving or just underpowered as most of the "working" machines (already in minority)

were poorly functioning.  

My biggest discovery /improvement in play satisfaction came from figuring out that B2S server can cause sticky flippers and sticky/malfunctioning playfield lights unless

"run in EXE" was turned off. Sorry I'm a late bloomer :)

Wishes for 2024:  How about Gottlieb's The Games (1984)? I know it looks boring as there are no real loops/ramps etc. but as an "armchair Olympian" I find the strategy on this table amusing. And yes it's an Olympic year. Resources anyone?

Another one is Bally Hokus Pokus (1975) - love that spinner action and the theme.

And thank you to all content and file creators! You bring great joy to me on my days off and are one of the main reason why some of us need less meds LOL

17 hours ago, makmak said:

Any additional info about these WIPs?

I don't have any further information at this time.  Fingers crossed one of them will emerge this year.  The Star Wars one seemed furthest along. Had a few more modes to get completed.  Whats taking so long is there is no SPIKE2 ROM and everything is hand coded based on the rule set.  

1 hour ago, MauiPunter said:

and everything is hand coded based on the rule set.  

Looks like VPE and Unity will make rules coding a bit easier from what I have seen. Maybe I get into it again.

We've really had an amazing year of community contributions and I can only hope we get as many good releases in 2024 !
As for already announced projects, I'm eagerly waiting for the Alien (Heighway) table and TerryRed's He-Man. :)

And in terms of wishlist, it would be just amazing if someone decided to tackle Nightmare Before Christmas or Bioshock, two of my favourites IPs, with a tremendous "world under glass" potential !

• Content Provider
On 1/18/2024 at 11:47 PM, wizzards581 said:

-NFL (non team specific)

The current NFL tables available for download have this option.

Just don't toggle the TEAM plastics, or the Team sounds.

The default TEAM is Giants. (The roms default TEAM.)

There was never a "non team specific" version ever made in real life.

They all had a specific team on the backglass.

Rascal did a great job of updating all of these NFL mods to have VR, and FSS viewing modes.

I wait for the second X-Files puppack to Siggis table  and pup pack for Tales of Arabian Night. I hope there are coming more altColor and altSounds this year.  Also waiting  for someone creating a table with puppack for the mummy Trilogy and Blade :)

On 1/23/2024 at 2:23 PM, xenonph said:

The current NFL tables available for download have this option.

Just don't toggle the TEAM plastics, or the Team sounds.

The default TEAM is Giants. (The roms default TEAM.)

There was never a "non team specific" version ever made in real life.

They all had a specific team on the backglass.

Rascal did a great job of updating all of these NFL mods to have VR, and FSS viewing modes.

Thanks for that info about team plastics.  I was looking for something like this backglass which just list all teams.

NFL-pinball-backglass1.png