KL25Z FREESCALE Freedom Platform

Spacegoogie

I just ordered this https://www.amazon.com/FREESCALE-SEMICONDUCTOR-FRDM-KL25Z-KINETIS-PLATFORM/dp/B00DK2DBM4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=30R41IDCJOP2O&keywords=KL25Z&qid=1703915328&s=industrial&sprefix=kl25z%2Cindustrial%2C149&sr=1-2&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

Do I just need to mount, plugin, install the software, and setup?

I'm super excited as this is about the last piece I need for my cab. Someone who has one please tell me how good it is and how its worth $60+ lol. 

So I have received, I have been trying to update the bootloader because im running windows 11, for the life of me Windows will not recognize  the board (only boot loader). Ugh I cant find much info. I just want an accelerometer on my cab lol.

I believe the Pinscape instructions say that Windows 7 is required for the bootloader.  If you don't have a Windows 7 computer, maybe investigate VirtualBox or some other virtualization software.  Once the bootloader is installed, you won't need Windows 7 again.

1 hour ago, buffdriver said:

I believe the Pinscape instructions say that Windows 7 is required for the bootloader.  If you don't have a Windows 7 computer, maybe investigate VirtualBox or some other virtualization software.  Once the bootloader is installed, you won't need Windows 7 again.

I read all this after I received it. I thought I could just do as I stated above. I'm sending it back requesting a 2019 or newer board, if I don't receive then I'll send that back and just wait for a fix. use the cash for another part lol.

1 hour ago, buffdriver said:

Do as you think best, but be advised that these boards are in short supply.  I ordered 3 from the manufacturer in Malaysia and had to update the boot loader.

did you use  a windows 7 PC?  I cant believe thats the only thing stopping me, I dont have anything W7!

I got that all setup and running (Windows 7 Thank you for the motivation  because I really didn't want to do all that) had to install FRAMEWORK 4.+ to get pinscape to load, and still will not take a new bootloader. I will try again right out of the box tomorrow when my replacement arrives,

Did you do anything special in W7? If this doesn't work , like I said I'll wait for a fix. What a bummer for something so simple. Thanks again for your help. If you have any other suggestions i'm all ears.

Post a pic of the Pinscape in good resolution and where you attached the usb.

did you try with another cable?

in order to flash a new boot loader you also need to keep the button pressed while plugging in the usb. ;)

Not sure how but I got it working and updated, so now it's plugged in, I went through the pinscape setup. 

Any recommended VPX settings for this badboy? Because I have no idea lol.  Thanks again for all the help!