LUT Options - Filmic always best?

bbddpp

Now that I'm using Beta 8 and going into my tables one at a time to work on POV and the MISC table options, I'm noticing everything LUT looks better in Filmic but it doesn't seem to be the default.  Reinhardt usually is and it's that "washed out" look that I also think looks good, it just seems to almost be like a "worn out faded playfield" experience on my set vs. Filmic which seems to really deepen the colors and especially the blacks.

Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this option and how you are using it yourselves.

For me, filmic makes the tables too dark. Bus some tables look best with Tony McMapface, while others then become too low in colour depth. Screen and eyes make this a choice of taste rather than general agreement. BUT I wonder why there is no option to overwrite this globally yet across all tables with he vpinballx.ini.

12 hours ago, BigDogAl said:

BUT I wonder why there is no option to overwrite this globally yet across all tables with he vpinballx.ini.

Because that would be just silly. It's a per table setting and mostly depends on the way each table was authored (Blender rendered, 3D models, Niwak's toolkit etc, or simple core essentials like JP's tables). The new Whitewater looks best in Filmic because it was built that way, but I would never use that setting across all the tables in my collection.