DOF not working in Popper

dth930

I realize this is an FAQ and I'm not alone, but I haven't gotten DOF to work in Popper even after trying all of the suggestions I could find.

As with others, DOF works great in VPX but I get nothing in Popper.  I'm starting from Baller Installer Beta Bonanza with the latest automated updates.  I have useDOF=true set correctly.  When I run PopperDoctor, I can start and stop DOF without any errors.  But when I send E90X commands, nothing happens - no error, no outputs, just nothing.  I tried running as admin and a variety of regedit fixes that have been posted but none of them made a difference.  I saw some stuff about the x86 vs x64 versions of DOF, but I only see one version installed and I assume it's x64.  I'm on Windows 11.

Is there something else I can try?
- Dave

• 2 weeks later...

For me the same problem. VPX .7/.8 (x86/x64) is working 100% with DOF.

I think pinup popper uses x86 to communicate with DOF but the x64 is registerd with "RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe" and messing up the DOF x86 entry. 

1. I think it can be solved by cleaning/rollback the "DOF x64 RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe" registry entry in Windows 11. I don't now the exact registry key/hive. Somewhere in WOW64 ??

2. Then start the DOF x86 "RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe" to renew?

Solution in this post?:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=51540#entry522868

Ruud

Edited by 2fastbybike