Rock primitives & base textures, bigfoot, transparent targets by Dark
Playfield texture and plastic images by Clark Kent
Texture redraws by Lobotomy
Physics tuning by wrd1972 and Clark Kent
Reference images of darkened table by Darquayle
Sound tuning by DjRobX

Notes (from experience during development): 
1. If Bigfoot head gets out of sync or VPM crashes, delete NVRAM
2. Check the flasher sync script option, to sync the flashers to your refreshrate

version 1.2
- nFozzy/RothbauerW physics and Fleep sounds added by Robby King Pin
- VR stuff from Sixtoe / Tastywasp of the table to make the table hybrid by Robby King Pin.
- Corrected flippers and the area around by Clark Kent.
- Flipperbats added from Flupper's Whirlwind by Robby King Pin
- New wire ramp at the plunger lane created by Tomate
- Added codes for Dynamic Ball Shadows by Robby King Pin
- Fixed all VR "Laser lights" by leojreimroc
- Readjusted all side blade flashers to fit table by leojreimroc
- Changed Plunger release speed to 100 by leojreimroc
- Big Foot motorsounds added by Robby King Pin
- Added VR plunger animation and Added VR flipper button animations. by TastyWasps
- VR Backglass redone by leojreimroc
- Apophis Reworked GI fading code. Brightened bats
- Using light _animate sub in GI fading now by Apophis. Tweaked DN slider slightly again.
- Lowered flipper strength and slingshot force by recommendations from Clark Kent and Apophis
- Staged Flipper codes added by Primetime5k
- Edited cabinet texture by Robby King Pin with new PS images from HauntFreaks
- Added VPW Options UI and disabled DesktopVPXDMD to stop interfearing with the menu by Robby King Pin
- Redid all the ramp textures with refraction, new texture and normal map (Flupper)
- Redid all the insert lighting and some of the flashers (Flupper)
- Retextured the VR room (Flupper)
- Tweaked the playfield image (Flupper)
- Tweaked the lost mine kickout (Flupper)
- changed environment image (Flupper)
- VR cabinet Topper by Retro27
- Standup targets updated by RothbauerW

A great special thanks to the entire VPW team for the intense amount of help and testing during the 6 month update period

2 hours ago, Shadowsclassic said:

Possible bug report:  If you hit both CTRL keys/Magna save at the same time the script crashes. Is this just my setup or is it a table problem?

What version of vpx are you using? I'm running vpx 10.8 beta 8 (1836) dx x64 and magna key menu works for me

42 minutes ago, Shadowsclassic said:

10.8.0 beta rev.1347 64.  I will try updating, and see if that solves it. Let you know.

Well, it now brings up the color saturation menu and doesn't crash, but now all my tables are in desktop mode and I can't seem to find the full screen button.  Any idea how to rotate these tables back?

3 minutes ago, Shadowsclassic said:

Well, it now brings up the color saturation menu and doesn't crash, but now all my tables are in desktop mode and I can't seem to find the full screen button.  Any idea how to rotate these tables back?

I believe that's in the F12 menu

Hrm, table is coming up rotated incorrectly.  Running 1836 build so shouldn't be that - and if I rotate 270, POV is ALL screwed up.

*EDIT*...well...I'm an idiot.  If you do manual update, make sure to rename vpinballx64.exe to vpinballx.exe!  All works fine now.

Edited by Necromancyr

On 12/23/2023 at 5:14 PM, Necromancyr said:

Hrm, table is coming up rotated incorrectly.  Running 1836 build so shouldn't be that - and if I rotate 270, POV is ALL screwed up.

*EDIT*...well...I'm an idiot.  If you do manual update, make sure to rename vpinballx64.exe to vpinballx.exe!  All works fine now.

I'm running into the same issue on my cab -- the screen is rotated either 90 or 270 degrees.  I've run beta 7, beta 8, tried rotating the camera view 90 and 270 degrees, changed the name of the executable to vpinballx.exe (as suggested above), but the view never changes.  Any other suggestions? 

Hi, and thanks for the great table. I was playing the 1.1 version according the .vpx filename (1.1 is also mentioned in the script), but the table info says 1.0. Suddenly, after nice scores during the first ball I got run-time error with undefined 'Rules' on line 228. Has this been corrected on the version 1.2, should I update?

After testing a little bit more, I am quite sure that the original issue wasn't the Rules variable actually. I think I pressed the R button while I tried to get some reaction from the frozen game, but the original symptoms were not replicated. What initially happened was that during the game the DMD suddenly went erratic and some of the sound effects started to loop. The ball and flippers still moved until I shot the ball into the no-way-out and the table stayed jammed.

On 12/22/2023 at 6:32 PM, Calwin said:

Anyone else not getting any table/rom sounds?

I’ve made sure the volume via the coindoor options are up but still nothing.

Edit: I had to download the rom from vpforums for it to work properly.  It would seem like the rom on vpuniverse is bad.

Same thing here, I am using vpx 10.8 beta 8 (1836) dx x64.  I get a test report when the table is initializing and if I hit enter to see the test result I then get a "Sound Board Interface Error".  If I do not hit enter when prompted, I am unable to open to coin door, nothing happens.

Other tables I tested are fine in vpx 10.8 beta though this is my first time using a beta.

Edited by Runner

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbled across a weird issue, haven’t seen anyone else mention it. 

whenever the ball travels from the whirlpool to the lost mine, the ball disappears. The shadow moves across the playfield, but the ball is gone. Seems to be only during this particular path of travel. Happens every time. 

running 10.8 beta 8. 

IMG_6531.jpeg

• Content Provider
5 minutes ago, Irata said:

Stumbled across a weird issue, haven’t seen anyone else mention it. 

whenever the ball travels from the whirlpool to the lost mine, the ball disappears. The shadow moves across the playfield, but the ball is gone. Seems to be only during this particular path of travel. Happens every time. 

running 10.8 beta 8. 

IMG_6531.jpeg

The ball is under the playfield then, going through a subway to the VUK.  There is code to disable the shadow whenever a ball is below the pf - can't think of why it would be failing for you 🤷‍♂️

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Wylte said:

The ball is under the playfield then, going through a subway to the VUK.  There is code to disable the shadow whenever a ball is below the pf - can't think of why it would be failing for you 🤷‍♂️

I am horrible with these ballshadows since I can't even get them working on my new project

Edited by RobbyKingPin

20 hours ago, Wylte said:

Thanks, I'll dig into the script and see if there's anything obviously out of sorts.

Love this beautiful new version of the table! Thanks so much for the updates. I do find a few things a bit off, tho.

1) the ball seems to get stuck often on top of the left plastic ramp, and it's a game-ended when it does

2) something feels a little odd about the upper playfield... the ball rolls back after exiting the vuk (wrong playfield angle...?) and the insanity falls shot rejects a bit more than it does on the real table

3) the lost mine kickout feels *far* too random in terms of exit angle.... in this video, you can see it tends to kick to the right flipper almost every single time, but in 1.2 it can kick all the way from between the flippers to the right outlane:

On 1/13/2024 at 1:37 PM, Wylte said:

Downloaded a fresh copy of the vpx file in hopes that would fix it, but it did not.

Found the code for below the pf shadows - let's just say that's above my pay grade. I certainly haven't changed anything in the script in this region. Just the VPMModSol flashers to remove stuttering. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this amazing table! 😊 

I'm just wondering if it's possible to disable the blur effect of the ball under the ramps in the script? Makes the shape of everything under it a bit different and so much harder to hit insanity falls shot and jackpot.