Help, my cab is tilted to the left

makmak

Can someone explain this?: Ive tried to install x64 and update x86 to the latest VPXbeta8, via this tutorial: 

https://github.com/vpinball/b2s-backglass/wiki/64bit-VPX-Pincab-Setup-Guide

So strange, ive got it to work but the ball is rolling to the left as if the cab was titled 45° or sth. Everything else seems to work, flippers, buttons, coils, LEDs (i have PinConrol 1 V4.1)

If I play 10.8 beta (revision 980(aedf6dc, 32 bit), everything is totally fine as it should.

Any ideas? Thank you!!

yeah thats what I'm hearing. sorry. you gotta go create ini's for everything with the new 10.8 vpx. You can easily test the theory. though. If you have a single tables folder instead of separate folders for each game (as I do) simply search the folder for pov, select them all and MOVE (not copy) to another folder. Now test your games. no more tilt? then the pov's are the issue.

did  it, but the real problem was: the configuration of Keys, DOF, Nudge under preferences were "default" or sth. I never had to change sth there, now it seems to work better (Y-Axis was not reversed as it should), tables are not tilted anymore but Die Hard is still a stutter monster, unfortunately. Will play around with some more settings, but at least there seems to be light at the end of the loooong tunnel 😉 - thanks!

No more tilted cab, so nice :-). Still "Die Hard" has some stutter sometimes, esp. the Grubers get my system to the limits. Have tried all Kind of settings and graphics Card settings windowed and so on. Should I try the GL versions too? How, do I have to do the complete "install thing" again with the GL versions or can I have both exe ?

13 minutes ago, makmak said:

No more tilted cab, so nice :-). Still "Die Hard" has some stutter sometimes, esp. the Grubers get my system to the limits. Have tried all Kind of settings and graphics Card settings windowed and so on. Should I try the GL versions too? How, do I have to do the complete "install thing" again with the GL versions or can I have both exe ?

Yes you can have both exe's exist in the same folder. The only difference with GL is an added shaders folder so make sure you unzip that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Bad news, GL doesnt work better. The latest CyberRace table is a real stutter fireworks. I guess I need to update my system finally. Right now its a GeForce GTX 750 Ti with an 8 GB RAM IntelCore i5 [email protected] (bought the Cab used some years ago, not ! a 4K playfield, but 3 Displays and a just few flippercoils and ordinary ambient LEDs, no fancy stuff nor adressable LEDs nor exciters at all ), and maybe a new power supply unit is recommended, too?)

What would be recommended how to be updated? (as you can see, I dont need the latest high tech stuff to be happy) Many thanks for your recommendations!

PS Happy new pinball year!

Edited by makmak