Strange behavior with Stern roms

endeemillr

While playing Avatar, the usual 4 shades of orange popped up on my ZeDMD.  Thinking a blue spectrum would look nicer, I made the appropriate changes with f1, reset VPinMAME... and everything stays orange!  I turn the virtual DMDExt  on, restart, and the virtual DMD is blue, while the ZeDMD is orange!  Same issue arises running Star Trek.

1. I can adjust other non-stern roms' DMD colors normally

2. Color-patched roms work fine as do .vni, .pac and serum colorizations

3. Switching in basic pin2DMD .pal files works for 4 color except do most of them involve a garish green and pink color?

4. The Stern Blue palatte looks great and then mysteriously turns red during play on both the ZeDMD and Virtual!

5. I have updated roms and also deleted nvram for whatever that's worth.  ZeDMD is updated to the release from just days ago, and DMDext is the current release version.

6. All cables checked for snugness to the ZeDMD

I am not seeing this reported elsewhere, so it may just be my under-powered system.  It is not the end of the world, but a strange error. Anybody have any ideas? 

I figured that the problem is these Stern ROMS used 16 shades of orange, no problem for a virtual dmd, even when changing hue, but a big issue for the zedmd and it's 64 color palate. I believe the newest update is 8 bit color from 6 bit previously, meaning thousands of colors now. 

• 2 weeks later...