Pinup and Puppacks all jacked up after VPX, VPM 64bit update.

wrd1972

• Content Provider

Okay I recently changed VPM, VPX, B2S etc over to 64bit, and all is working well, except for Puppacks. Definitely have some issues here.

At first, DP, IM and GOTG tables would play, but the Pup screens were all over the place on the two backbox monitors. I also noticed that I no longer had a mouse pointer on the backbox in order to try to reset the Pup screens to where they go. I was shooting in the dark here. Occasionally I would get a pointer, but clearly there was an issue here with the pointer.  BTW, I have exclusive full screen de-selected in video options.

Now, the tables wont even play at all. The Pup screens start playing but the table hangs in its loading state and is difficult to even turn off. Okay time to trouble shoot.

First question - Is there a 64bit version of Pinup that I need to install over the current 32bit version? Could this be the issue?

Second question - How do you cut sever the link to Puppacks with the above mentioned tables? I want to simply run them without Puppacks to troubleshoot.

Other thoughts to remedy this?

Thanks.

I would start with reinstalling all the VPX/Popper components by following along this video. This will ensure your 100% up to date and then you can go back to testing if pup packs work. You can "break the link" by renaming the puppack in your PupVideos folder. The table script is looking for the pup pack folder that matches the gamename= 

And also take care which version of VPX you are using. I had some issues with the latest version from Github ( 10.8.1). But these are all marked as alpha versions which can contain bugs.

As I like to be on the forefront of technology I tend to use the newest versions.. In this case I use the latest prerelease : Visual Pinball X 10.7.4 beta.

This version works fine for me