[New VP10 Alert] Darkest Dungeon Table & Pup

• Content Provider

Darkest Dungeon Table & Pup

Version 2 is out.. IdolCrasher had all kinds of amazing suggestions for me to implement. download this new version and check them out, and oh yeah tons of bug fixes, sorry about those....

Please report any issues, suggestions, feedback to our Discord Channel

https://discord.gg/9fdmHgEu -- Link valid until 12/11/23

Pinball Wizards are proud to present to you an original concept based off the PC game Darkest Dungeon. This pinball table provides a combination of pinball, RPG with heavy RNG (random number generation) elements. Virtually every game will be different from the last . Herbski1x and I would like to thank all those that helped us get this game developed/polished and presented to the community. 

REQUIREMENTS

VPX 10.8 beta 5  ( beta 7 has been known to crash on this table)

PinUP Beta 150 or later

Please take some time to read the provided rules as this game has a rather complex ruleset. 

Notes

Rulecards are also available in game by selecting the addcredit key -- this can only be done when a ball is sitting in the plunger lane and only one ball is on the table.

Some LUTS are available via the normal method of holding down the left magna save while hitting the right magna save to bring up the menu. This can only be changed prior to the game starting and will automatically be saved.

' CREDITS:

' JPSalas                       Original Table "Wrath of Olympus"
' MerlinRTP                     VPX Table Lead, PUPDMD, Ruleset Design
' H3rbski1x                     Original Concept,Pup Graphics, Ruleset Design
' Oqqsan                        Table Scripting, 3D Inserts, Popup Targets
' Tastywasps,Rawd               VR Room
' Astronasty                    Playfield Artwork, VR Cabinet Art

'KGLauer                       Voice-over
' Anthem                        PuP Videos
' Superhac                      Table Scripting, Rules Doc
' JoePicasso                    3D Models
' DarrinVPCLE                   DOF Config
' Smaug                         Attract Video
' nFozzy/Rothbauerw             Physics
' NailBuster                    Pinup Player, PUPDMD
' Arelyel Krele                    Advanced Queuing System        
' Fleep                         Mechanical Sound Engineering
' PrimeTime5k                    Staged Flipper Code
' RetroG33k                     PuPDMD Foundation
' Core Testers                    pinballgramps, pinstratsdan, primetime5k,spatolar
' Additional Testers            passion4pins, loadedweapon,pegula0420, 10mmsocket

Enjoying the table, but I have had 2 issues.

1 One time the game got stuck on ball five and went on forever just letting me play ball 5 over and over. It may have had something to do with losing on a tilt.

2 The village multiball didn't start. I don't know if I did anything wrong, but this was my experience. I locked the ball3 times, the canon shot 3 enemies and then nothing happen. There was no multiball, the game didn't indicate that I had to do something to start the mode. This could be user error, but I think if there was another step, it has to be very clearly indicated. 

Game is incredibly well done. 

couple things. I mapped the "fire to select dungeon" to my button number 4 which is my launch/alt plunger. I assume this is a lockdown action button type thing which I don't have and most games have it scripted. Nothing would select it organically so I mapped it.  Anyway, does anyone see a problem with me mapping it to the launch/alt plunger button on my cab? It's a global change so I'm wondering if I'm screwing other games up by doing this. 

also. it continuously spits 2 balls in the shooter lane. Has to be a bug. It's consistent. 

Thank you. This game is fantastic. 

Edited by mikepmcs

Incredible game!  It's a visual dream, and such a great concept. Unfortunately, I did run into a very strange issue:

After failing the Warrens quest, I went back to the village and then, no matter how many times I go to the Inn, when the ball kicks out, I am back in the village and the inn keeps flashing.  Each time I hit the scoop, it says I am in the Inn and I hit the flipper to continue, and it kicks me back out to the village.  The orbits and left ramps do not indicate the Inn mode.  Additionally, it seems I am in an infinite game.  I must have drained a dozen times, and the game never ends.  I finally quit the game at around 8 million.

• Content Provider
On 12/2/2023 at 5:07 PM, chaosslave51 said:

Enjoying the table, but I have had 2 issues.

1 One time the game got stuck on ball five and went on forever just letting me play ball 5 over and over. It may have had something to do with losing on a tilt.

2 The village multiball didn't start. I don't know if I did anything wrong, but this was my experience. I locked the ball3 times, the canon shot 3 enemies and then nothing happen. There was no multiball, the game didn't indicate that I had to do something to start the mode. This could be user error, but I think if there was another step, it has to be very clearly indicated. 

Will be adding an audio callout to clarify -- but once you lock all three balls you need to be in a dungeon to kick off the multiball, you do this by hitting the Inn scoop which should have a flashing arrow if you ahve locked three balls 

• Content Provider
On 12/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, MrGrynch said:

Incredible game!  It's a visual dream, and such a great concept. Unfortunately, I did run into a very strange issue:

After failing the Warrens quest, I went back to the village and then, no matter how many times I go to the Inn, when the ball kicks out, I am back in the village and the inn keeps flashing.  Each time I hit the scoop, it says I am in the Inn and I hit the flipper to continue, and it kicks me back out to the village.  The orbits and left ramps do not indicate the Inn mode.  Additionally, it seems I am in an infinite game.  I must have drained a dozen times, and the game never ends.  I finally quit the game at around 8 million.

join our discord as we use detailed feedback to provide patches to the bugs

https://discord.gg/8UeAH8BW

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an issue where one of the bottom aprons is displaying on the top right of the playfield. Running popper 1.5, I used VPX8 beta 7 and beta 5, both results are the same. Two screen setup. I tried switching the pup config on the aprons to popback, didn't help. Any thoughts on how to get the apron off my playfield?

Interestingly on other tables with the video aprons, they tend to load in the same top right corner, but then they move to their correct location. On this table, they appear in the correct location and the top right corner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm running 10.8.0 Beta 5, pinup 1.5, however, the backglass and DMD are not displaying? Everything is in the correct locations, PupVideos, Correct BAT has been ran, names are correctly spelled. Any ideas what could be going wrong? Thanks!

On 4/9/2024 at 11:42 AM, uturnweb said:

Hey guys! I'm running 10.8.0 Beta 5, pinup 1.5, however, the backglass and DMD are not displaying? Everything is in the correct locations, PupVideos, Correct BAT has been ran, names are correctly spelled. Any ideas what could be going wrong? Thanks!

Disregard! I was missing all the root level files in the pupvideos folder. They must have been flagged by my AV.