DOF night mode and soundfx

Curious about this, and not sure it's possible (but would be nice). I have the soundfx turned off in favor of DOF in vpx. And I also have night mode for my pinscape board that turns off the solenoids because they are quite loud. The downside is that the soundfx aren't playing when it's in night mode so it's 100 percent silent for those mechs. Is it possible to enable soundfx dynamically so if I go into night mode it'll switch to soundfx? Otherwise I can play both and it achieves this - but it's much louder with the soundfx underneath the solenoids. Thanks!

• Content Provider

Hello,

The soundfx settings are stored in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Visual Pinball\Controller\

image.thumb.png.411455217b9a1bd4169a4843d8482887.png

you can tune this settings programmatically, I don't know if you switch in night mode thanks to a software and not hardware, if yes, you can incorporate the change of registry in the sequence.

If it's from hardware, you need an interaction inside your frontend that can interact with a script that changes the registry settings.

That's a high level view :)

Thanks! It's being done through the night mode that's configured in the pinscape setup tool, I'll have to see if there's a way for me to run a script when I press the joystick button I use for that mode (and works alongside PinVol) - I don't think I can edit any of the arguments being sent since it's through that software. There's probably a solution to be found here.

• 3 weeks later...

Easy fix: install a left/right channel switch button (like the one used in the atgames legends pinball haptics upgrade) before your ssf soundspeakers, and ALWAYS send the mechanical sounds through that. Then just have it send the sounds into the unused slot when using dof, and switch over with one motion when activating night mode to feed the sound to your ssf speakers.