VBScript error message when trying to run Family Guy on Visual Pinball

garyoak99

I get a VBScript error message when trying to run Family Guy on Visual Pinball: Machine 'fg_1200af' (Family Guy (V12.0 English, French)) terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file!

I get the above message regardless of whether I run the Family Guy mod or presumably the original Family Guy vpx.

What can I do to resolve this error message and run Family Guy correctly?

Ok then try this. Run setup.exe in vpinmame folder, click info and see what version of vpinmame you're running. You should be running at lease an -sc version of 3.5. It's up to 3.6 now. 

heres a link to the x86 https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/suites/18495359757/artifacts/1073114814

and x64 https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/suites/18495359757/artifacts/1073114813

you want both.  Unblock, unzip and extract all EXCEPT vpmalias.txt, overwrite all.

Now go back, run setup.exe, check the paths are correct to reach the roms. Click install.

Do the same with setup64.exe.

Now run either setup.exe and click test, find the fg_1200af rom and click check roms. Hopefully shows all ok.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:35 PM, Cliffy said:

you want both.  Unblock, unzip and extract all EXCEPT vpmalias.txt, overwrite all.

Now go back, run setup.exe, check the paths are correct to reach the roms. Click install.

Do the same with setup64.exe.

Now run either setup.exe and click test, find the fg_1200af rom and click check roms. Hopefully shows all ok.

Setup.exe ran fine but setup64.exe gave me the message:

Can't create Controller class!

Please check that you have installed Visual PinMAME properly!

Error 0x80040154: Class not registered

What should I do now?

Clicking Install resolved the error message.

I found out there was something wrong with the ROM itself.

So I did some research and realized I was supposed to download from the Stern website itself! I downloaded, re-named the file what Visual Pinball wanted it named and both of my versions of Family Guy plays perfectly!

Thanks Cliffy!