Saving Wallden Updates (formerly "Departing the VP Community")

1 hour ago, Arelyel said:

The table is still very early in development and probably will be for several years due to my busy schedule. But I'm hoping to put out an alpha version soon so others can play around with it. This table used to have a PUP Pack, but I lost it in a file transfer malfunction and decided not to recreate it (for now) due to how much time it was taking me on PUP alone. I'm open for others to make a PUP pack for the table though if they wish.

Peace,

When you've had a chance to think about it, give me some ideas for source material.  Anything you want to see in a pup pack, make sure you put it in your UltraDMD.  I'm not the best but I'd be happy to help.

On 2/25/2024 at 1:47 PM, PIPAllah said:

Peace,

When you've had a chance to think about it, give me some ideas for source material.  Anything you want to see in a pup pack, make sure you put it in your UltraDMD.  I'm not the best but I'd be happy to help.

I appreciate it and I'll keep that in mind.

Once I have this table update ready to go and out, I will get in touch. I still have the old PUP code in the script, but I may strip some of that out and leave the core functions in there.

I have my table script set up such that PUP and flexDMD work in unison. So every flexDMD scene will/should have a PUP scene as well, and vice versa. Each scene is assigned a constant with a numeric ID. And there is a function which handles displaying the appropriate scene both in PUP and in FlexDMD. I can show you all of that once this table update is out. I can do the coding part if that makes things easier for you.

Note that I'm not using PUP's priorities / durations. I'm controlling everything script-side because of that queue system I mentioned (the queue also manages flexDMD and PUP to an extent).

I'm also not using any audio media in PUP; all the audio is also controlled in VPX. This is mainly because I want the table to be just as functional with only flexDMD as it would be with only PUP, or both at the same time, or even neither of them (which explains the DMD on the playfield which is a JPSalas DMD). Plus PUP had some quirks I didn't like regarding audio. So PUP and FlexDMD are purely visual (except I also have some DOF capabilities via PUP triggers coded in as well).

I wonder if @merlinrtp would want to collab. I don't remember if they make PUP packs as well but they offered to jump in the project.

Edited by Arelyel

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI, I did not disappear from VP Universe. Well, I kinda did. But I'm here lol. So back when I was planning to leave VPU, I put in a request for my account to be deleted. But it was never fulfilled. Fast-forward later and I decided to stay.

With how long it's been since I made that request, I thought it was just lost, or the fact I requested a password reset manually with Dazz meant he knew I wanted to stay and thus the request (which I thought was manual) for account deletion would be ignored.

Whoopsie. Apparently VPU processed my deletion request recently, several months after I made it. Haha. So I had to create a new account.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ArelyelKrele said:

Just an FYI, I did not disappear from VP Universe. Well, I kinda did. But I'm here lol. So back when I was planning to leave VPU, I put in a request for my account to be deleted. But it was never fulfilled. Fast-forward later and I decided to stay.

With how long it's been since I made that request, I thought it was just lost, or the fact I requested a password reset manually with Dazz meant he knew I wanted to stay and thus the request (which I thought was manual) for account deletion would be ignored.

Whoopsie. Apparently VPU processed my deletion request recently, several months after I made it. Haha. So I had to create a new account.

Yeah, sorry about that... the system is supposed to go through and automatically delete accounts upon request.  The process wasn't working, but I did an update on the software and it looks like it processed all pending account deletions.  I didn't realize that it was going to do that.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:59 PM, Dazz said:

Yeah, sorry about that... the system is supposed to go through and automatically delete accounts upon request.  The process wasn't working, but I did an update on the software and it looks like it processed all pending account deletions.  I didn't realize that it was going to do that.

No worries. Better to be deleted than locked out because at least I can create a new account without getting banned, lol.

Though, are you able to re-assign Piggy Bank Blitz to this new account in case I update it?

---

Some relevant news with Wallden. I'm slowly getting a little time to develop it further. I'm hoping to finally get it to a stage where I can upload it to VPU for initial testing / thoughts and so anyone interested in contributing can take a look at it. It's pretty close. I have one more thing to finish before it can be put up.