Is a VPMalias needed?

Allan1130

I installed the Shining PUP pack and it plays great.  It uses the ROM from Sorcerer, and when I play my Sorcerer table, the PUP video of the Shining shows in the backglass, and the Shining shows in the topper as well.  Do I need a VPMalias in order for me to play the Sorcerer table, with the correct B2S and topper showing?  Thank you for your help. 

33 minutes ago, Allan1130 said:

I installed the Shining PUP pack and it plays great.  It uses the ROM from Sorcerer, and when I play my Sorcerer table, the PUP video of the Shining shows in the backglass, and the Shining shows in the topper as well.  Do I need a VPMalias in order for me to play the Sorcerer table, with the correct B2S and topper showing?  Thank you for your help. 

Try Option #1
https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

yes change the table script to the following cgamename="sorcr_l1Shining"

and in VPM Alias add the following        sorcr_l1Shining,sorcr_l1

This will stop the Shining puppack running when the sorceror table runs. if the Shining pup-pack no longer runs on shining table rename pup-pack directory to "sorcr_l1shining"  also.

I rename as many puppacks folders as possible if there is an option in the script usually something like pup="Sorcr_l1"  as it makes it easier to keep track of what pup-packs are already installed.

I have multiple puppacks running on variations of the same rom eg Nirvana, Tom Petty, Van Halen, Linkin Park I use "ACDC_Linkin" "ACDC_Nirvana" etc and it allows DOF to work on these table as ACDC is the original rom but in this example the cgamename and the pup must be identitcal otherwise the puppack will not load. An VPM Alias may be needed for each variation though. this is table dependant, so if you change the script and the table doesent load and you get a game not recognised error create a VPMAlias for each table variant.

Edited by Dazza1973