Trouble with DOF on some Original Tables

jestermgee

So I have spent a lot of time looking at how DOF works, adding custom DOF to some EM tables, even making my own DOF string generator so I can quickly create a DOF config entry without the need for Dof Config Tool. All of this works just fine, all ROM based tables are working just fine. 

However, I have come over a few DOF enabled original tables that do not use roms and these just do not work. 

2 tables I have noted: 

America's Most Haunted

Goldorak

Both these tables have DOF and also have entries in DOF Config Tool, I can also locate these entries in my DOF INI file. 

I have checked and my Backglass has the plugins option enables. As mentioned, I can make any EM table work just fine if I create a map and add the table to the table list file in the DOF dir. 

For whatever reason I just cannot figure out why these do not work. The only thing apart from being Original tables is these have ultraDMD displays (those full coloured displays) which through the mountains of info I have been sifting through I think i recall some mention about a conflict between this and DOF?  Might be a wrong steer but lost what else I could possibly check.

Anyway I have exhausted my own knowledge and troubleshooting so I must be missing something, any clues why these will not work while every other table does seem to work? Any further info needed to assist in finding the issue here? 

Edited by jestermgee

Just some more testing. 

Seems this is not specific to all "Originals" as I have just tested "Legend of Zelda" and this is working fine too. 

So the mystery remains why those will not work. I can understand if they have no entry in dof config, I have plenty of those (many EM tables) that have no entries and I create my own which works but in both cases above. 

Another thing to note, in regards to Goldorak, I do note when I start my table the coin light and flippers do light up but that is all that happens, no solenoids, no lights. Checking all the DOF codes and mappings it all appears to be fine. Standard E101, E102 for flippers and these are in the value position in the DOF string for my flippers. 

Ok, so I have managed to address this issue and it was nothing to do with my DOF setup, if nothing else at least the 4+ hours of troubleshooting this has confirmed I know what i'm doing and my DOF setup is all fine... 

In regards to Goldorak, although there is a table config available the version I have installed appears to have no DOF commands within the table at all. I downloaded 2 different ones, neither had DOF in the VB script but if I just add some of the codes from the DOF table config tool entry, it triggers so this is a case of no DOF in the table script strangely. 

The next issue appears to be the Mod version of the table. I had a version installed from Bigus1 here: 

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=15647&st=80#commentsStart

While everything appears to launch and run fine, I could not get DOF to function at all. Not only did it not function, but when testing in VP Editor, the table would cause my DOF to completely stop working if I loaded another table and this is what caused me grief in testing as I would load another table to test and it too did not work until I restarted VP editor and now tables would trigger DOF but the AMH table would STILL not trigger DOF. 

So I followed back to the original table here: 
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11581

And bam, it works straight out of the box, works with the colorDMD and now everything is working just fine so the issue for this one appears to be something in the Bigus1 Mod version for DOF. 

Hopefully this saves someone some stress in their troubleshooting. 

Strange, for me the bigus1 mod works like a charme.

Do you noticed the option 1-3 and solenoid menu in this table?

Displayed at DMD and separate window

You're right with goldorak, I found no version with DOF in it.

But because there is a fully config, maybe someone did a table version only for himself but released the dof config.

When I find some time, I will add the dof into the latest released table version

Edited by digitalarts