[New VP10 Alert] Beisbol (Maresa 1971)

• Content Provider

Beisbol (Maresa 1971)

The World Series is going on, so I was doing some digging in the days leading up to it to see if there were any baseball themed tables I didn’t already have. In the process of that, I found Maresa’s “Beisbol” on IPDB and instantly thought it looked familiar. Turns out to be a clone of Gottlieb’s “Baseball” with some tweaks to the backglass/artwork. A loserman76 version of that table luckily exists, so I did my best to make the necessary changes. I’ll just say that my reference materials were limited (basically just the couple pictures on IPDB) so it might not be a perfect recreation. If anyone coming across this knows for a fact that a detail isn’t accurate or they have the text that belongs on the left apron card, feel more than free to share in the comments. I can’t promise that I’ll implement everything that’s suggested, but it might help someone down the road build a better version in the future or at least people can make whatever tweaks they want after downloading.

I obviously can’t post this table with a specific shout-out to loserman76. It’s a shame he’s not around to keep cranking out EM goodness, but his tables will continue to be enjoyed by a lot of people for a long time. RIP, Jeff.

List of changes from "Baseball" to "Beisbol" made by me:

-        Edited the playfield image

-        Remade the backglass (new images, so had to rearrange/redo the animation snippets)

-        Changed the plastics from a flat ramp to walls so they look more 3-D

-        Assigned a material to the base triggers

-        Changed the color/image for many of the objects on the playfield

-        New desktop background image

-        New apron/post-it images

-        New flipper prims

-        Tried my best to implement nFozzy physics. First time trying, so I won’t claim that it was done properly/fully. But I’ve at least convinced myself that it plays a little differently than the original without breaking the table, so I call it a win.

- The table was built in 10.7. So I would recommend not using 10.6 or earlier, but I don't foresee any issue with opening it in 10.8.

Download includes the VP table, the backglass, and a couple of wheels (one Tarcisio, one not).

The table is free to mod since it started as the free-to-mod "Baseball" table by loserman76. Just be sure to credit the prior authors and please credit me if you use the Maresa flippers or any of the Besibol-specific images. Thanks and I hope you enjoy.