No Backglass except .......

mefgames

After a long and winding journey with many pitfalls, my 3 display cab is up and running, partially. I need help with getting the backglass image up. I'm pretty sure it's a b2s problem. When I run Leprechaun, everything works as it should, all 3 screens. When I run any other VPX table, the backglass is not there. When I use Popper to load media files, the back glass image does show, but then disappears. The only dmd file in the tables folder is the Leprechaun, so that explains it, at least to me. Trouble is I do not know how to create/get these dmd files for the other tables. I have seen the youtube videos and have tried to follow them, but when I look at the script for the table, I don't see the "Set Controller" command. What am I missing ? running 10.72

Also, I would like to upgrade to  10.73 minimal, but the last time I did that, it crashed everything.

Little help PLEASE..........

IMG_0033 2.jpeg

If you have at least B2S Server 2.0 you should have no problems with the backglass staying on top. Just alt-tab and bring it to top, then right click on it and in settings select Bring Forms to... Form to Top, save, good to go. You have a 3 screen cab so when choosing B2S's always choose a 3scr version when available.

Newest release b2s server here; https://github.com/vpinball/b2s-backglass/releases/download/v2.0.3/B2SServer-2.0.3-a1b7e6d-Release-win-x86-x64.zip

So, here are a few screenshots. I've checked my screen identities, and they are correct, so why would that RFM back glass be showing up on screen 3 ? The 2 pics with the AFM back glass came up and disappeared after a few seconds. I think it might actually be an mp4. The pic with the back glass server popup is a mystery to me. Nothing I check or uncheck makes a difference. It actually came up next to the RFM pic on screen 3, but I moved it so I could read. I tried to grab the RFM screen and move it as well, no luck. I tried the ALT/TAB press, but again, nothing. I have been able to play about ten tables, but all w/o back glasses. 

Thanks for any and all help

MikeIMG_0043.thumb.jpeg.d4c44c813683ed9d3ba9ecc609b871b1.jpegIMG_0045.thumb.jpeg.1dfb8a291c84909e73e83f00792c1cd8.jpegIMG_0044.thumb.jpeg.79b3e65f553043bc0ba2c052f0df966f.jpeg

Thanks ! I appreciate all the help being sent.  I downloaded the new non-stone age b2s Server and extracted it to the tables folder. Quite a difference, but when I ran the Identifier, it labels screen 2 as 3, and 3 as 2. When I check the Windows display panel. it has all three monitors labeled correctly. How can this be ? When I dragged the box to another display, the number changed, but I am unable to manually change it. What do I need to do to fix this ?

Help !!!IMG_0047.thumb.jpeg.f1d17215f197876011599f3457512b46.jpegIMG_0046.thumb.jpeg.d3266f41fc93cfb89299eea04d01c08e.jpegIMG_0050.thumb.jpeg.8e3c22a942b2c85ed6098f8b3e0adc58.jpeg

Thanks again, Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• 2 months later...

Doesn't look like you got an answer. So the new backglass server identifies the windows in the order from left to right in Windows. Oddly, yours are actually correct (first one I've seen :D ) Now, when you drag a b2sserver window onto a monitor it WILL and SHOULD change numbers. That is the number that it believes that it is, don't argue, it's usually right.

Now, that also doesn't mean that a good shutdown, let it think about the error of its ways for a few seconds, and power back up won't change things. BUT...

Now to your problem. Is it Backglass or DMD that you are trying to get? In post two, you have to pics of attack from mars side by side.

The left one has a backglass and a playfield with a blank/black DMD? It looks like the table on the right is up and in Pinup Popper front end, am I correct? If so. The B2S server is not running yet. the only thing you will get there is what you have loaded into Pinup Popper Media manager. With Media Manager, you just click on the round button in the bottom right of the box for DMD and select an image or video.

As for the running machine on the left. you should have the "Attack from Mars (Bally1995) g5k 1.1.vpx" and "Attack from Mars (Bally1995) g5k 1.1.directb2s" files in the folder C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\Tables or equivalent. The B2S file I'm running is 27,126 KB in size. The files have to have exactly the same name.

There is one more tool that Pinup Popper has that might help. It is designed to update Visual Pinball and Future Pinball with the display locations. It's called PuPWinIDFix.exe. Find it on the Pinup Popper site so that you make sure you get a good and real copy. I haven't needed that yet, but I think I'm going to use it. Windows has a great habit of renaming your monitors all the time.

Below is my table with Attack from mars on it. I don't have the topper (4th monitor) working yet, but I'm getting there. I'm going for a Bespoke set of perfectly setup tables. Rather than a ton of random stuff.

I'll try to check notifications for replies. I'm just getting started on this.

Michael

Reston, VA

P.S. I love the Murphy Bed style!!

image.thumb.png.4a1cd332d73e123bafa3727320c92d0e.png

Edited by ZoltanGaal

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 5:45 AM, ZoltanGaal said:

Doesn't look like you got an answer. So the new backglass server identifies the windows in the order from left to right in Windows. Oddly, yours are actually correct (first one I've seen :D ) Now, when you drag a b2sserver window onto a monitor it WILL and SHOULD change numbers. That is the number that it believes that it is, don't argue, it's usually right.

Now, that also doesn't mean that a good shutdown, let it think about the error of its ways for a few seconds, and power back up won't change things. BUT...

There is one more tool that Pinup Popper has that might help. It is designed to update Visual Pinball and Future Pinball with the display locations. It's called PuPWinIDFix.exe. Find it on the Pinup Popper site so that you make sure you get a good and real copy. I haven't needed that yet, but I think I'm going to use it. Windows has a great habit of renaming your monitors all the time.

Regarding the screen name changing, there is a "new" feature in the Backglass Server which allow to enter the screen number from left to right (adding a = sign before the number) described in the wiki here , this way it doesn't matter what the device name is ONLY position left to right matters. 

The extended documentation to Backglass Server can be found in the wiki here https://github.com/vpinball/b2s-backglass/wiki